----------------------------------- XeRoideR999 Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:47 am HELP ME PLEASE!!!! ----------------------------------- I have a project that im doing, and i need a code that asks a user to input a minutes, and the minutes that the user entered will be converted into minutes and hours. here is what i mean. example: input: 600 output: 10 hours please tell me the code for that. ----------------------------------- DanShadow Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:18 am ----------------------------------- hmm....so essentially your asking us to do your project for you? Hmm...looks like we have found anoher person... :x Well...we wont do your project for your, or tell you all the code, but we will help you with it. If you ask specific questions detailing to your project, we may answer them. For yours, make 2 variables, "hours,minutes". Ask the user to input to the "minutes" variable, then have an if that checks if the "minutes variable is over 60, if it is, it adds 1 to the hour, and subtracts 60 from the minutes variable. Do this over and over until "minutes" is less the 60. Then display this: put hours,":",minutes This will display the amount of hours, and the amount of minutes. ----------------------------------- templest Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:37 am ----------------------------------- HELP ME PLEASE!!!! I recommend you read the following article on "how to ask question". It might help you in that aspect. tons of exampler sourcecode on this site that may contain examples of code of that which you are looking for. Aswell... there's a little known something called "google". Here... Let me save you the trouble of typing the URL out http://www.google.com believe it or not... there are various websites regarding Turing on the internet. :shock: Can you believe that!? On a side note... sorry for being such an ass, but it's just that... do you know how annoying it is to see someone ask a question with the phrase "HELP!!!!!!" which has no indication to what the problem might be? How do I know you don't need help zipping you fly up? or kicking a dog in the balls? Ohh wait... It's a Turing question? Sorry, I didn't know. (note: this doesn't mean that your subject should be called "HELP! TURING PROBLEM!!!!!!" that's still a bit too vague :roll: ). in conclusion... no, We won't do you homework for you. That's what "F9", "F8", and (if your teacher has provided one) your turing textbook. ----------------------------------- templest Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:42 am ----------------------------------- note: I won't even read your post. I am working on my mIRC clone :) (in Turing) and do not have the time. ----------------------------------- XeRoideR999 Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:44 am i just need help ----------------------------------- dude i dont want you to make my project, i just want the code for calculating the minutes that the user have entered and convert them into hours and minutes, i have done some work, now i only need the code for converting. Mod Edit: Your code has no relevence to the question, and it was messing with my scroll bar, so I deleted it. here is what i did so far, so you wouldnt think that im asking for you to do my project. ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:50 am ----------------------------------- caps are lame... and we know u need help... dont state the obvious ----------------------------------- DanShadow Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:51 pm ----------------------------------- hmm..is this contradictory, or is it just me? dude i dont want you to make my project, i just want the code for calculating the minutes that the user have entered and convert them into hours and minutes Technically, asking for the code is asking us to do your project. If your going to ask a question, dont ask for code, just request an answer for the question. *sigh* ----------------------------------- Thuged_Out_G Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:03 pm ----------------------------------- minutes to hours=divide minutes by 60 EG. 600 minutes / 60 = 10 hrs function convert(mins:int):int var hours:int hours:=mins/60 result hours end convert put convert(60000) ----------------------------------- shorthair Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:29 pm ----------------------------------- All wrong man , its gonna end up so that if you type in 160 minutes it will say 2 hours your gonna want this var minutes, minu2, newvar, newvar2 : int get minutes newvar = minutes div 60 newvar2 := minutes mod 60 put newvar, "Hours and ", newvar2, " Minutes" There you go NOW NEVER ASK FOR THAT KIND OF HELP AGAIN Dont as lpeopel to d oprojects for you , good thing i was really bored when i got home ----------------------------------- DanShadow Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:29 pm ----------------------------------- hehehe...the beggar got what he wanted....I think this topic should be locked, just for the name: HELP ME PLEASE!!...and its in caps, GR! ----------------------------------- XeRoideR999 Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:49 am thank you... ----------------------------------- Thank you for your help guys, and sorry that you dont like caps, lol im just new to this site and i didnt know how to ask questions on this site. but thank you very much :)