----------------------------------- grispyg Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:40 pm simple Progress bar ----------------------------------- When I just started turing ma teacher showed me this program and there was this progress bar in it. I had no clue how to do it.. so i devoted a lot of my time to figuring it out and i finally did..:D :lol: %Grispy %December 9 03 %Simple Progress Bar colorback (black) color (white) cls for i : 0 .. 300 drawbox (170 + i, 40, 170, 20, white)%Play around wit da numbers delay (20) locate (22, 40) put i div 3, "%" end for ----------------------------------- DanShadow Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:54 pm ----------------------------------- heh, I used to use that all the time..except I made it slightly more colorful: Draw.FillBox (0, 0, maxx, maxy, 255) colorback (255) color (10) var zz : int := 1 for i : 1 .. 100 delay (50) Draw.FillBox (100, 15, 100 + zz, 25, 54) Draw.Box (100, 15, 200, 25, 1) zz := zz + 1 locate (23, 13) put "Loading... ", zz, "%" .. end for locate (23, 13) put "Done Loading! " .. ----------------------------------- Tony Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:23 pm ----------------------------------- :cry: I cannot stress enough how lame and newbish it is to have a FAKE loading bar just for the heck of having it :roll: It is just wrong on so many levels.... ----------------------------------- santabruzer Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:26 pm ----------------------------------- hey.. if people enjoy it.. you can't stop them :P.... besides.. it makes your program have more "source" code.... by the loading time ----------------------------------- Tony Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:28 pm ----------------------------------- haha :lol: more source code? If you want extra lines in the file, why not just copy/paste a bunch of random functions you not gonna use? :lol: ----------------------------------- shorthair Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:51 pm ----------------------------------- better yet write your programs in machine code , im talkin like a 100 line program = 10000 lines in machine , could you imagine what it would be liek to code in taht language way back when ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:52 pm ----------------------------------- haha :lol: more source code? If you want extra lines in the file, why not just copy/paste a bunch of random functions you not gonna use? :lol: actually, just declare 200 lines worth of pictures, and you are all set. :wink: It will be even better if you declare individual letter of a certain font saved as pics...52 pics per font, oh wait, assuming we don't know how to scale pics either, we can always make a bunch that are bigger or smaller in size... :lol: ----------------------------------- McKenzie Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:07 pm ----------------------------------- progress bars are used to tell the user that "no, your computer is not frozen I'm just loading a whole bunch of pictures" Moral of the Day: ~~~~~~~~~~~ 1. If your program looks like it has crashed the computer when you run it, hey use a progress bar. 2. If your program runs at about the same time you hit F1, don't use a progress bar. ----------------------------------- shorthair Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:06 pm ----------------------------------- Wow Mr M. your rackin in the bits ther , you better save those for a rainy day. and about the progress bad i belive in what Mr.M says but i have no love for them , i made a real one buit mostr of the time unless your doing somthign else it just goes from 0 to 100 really fast , only a trace shows it , i also have one while my telnet verifies the stability of the connection. it even goes back to zero sometime for some reason i think its if well im sure its when athe loop is runa second time if the first fails. ----------------------------------- jedi-bob Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:26 pm ----------------------------------- Dan Shadow, can I use your progress bar in my program? ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:26 pm ----------------------------------- well the idea is that you can use anything from the [Source Code] as long as you give appropriate credit someplace in your program. btw - you can use my percent bar :wink: [url=http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=671]found here