----------------------------------- genie Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:13 pm turing help - outputting numbers ----------------------------------- Hi, i'm doing this assignment, where its a maintenance, payroll program. the user has a menu and one field is employee number. the number has to be a 5 digit number, but if the user enters 12 it needs to output 00012 in the space. how do i get the extra zeros??? i am doing a function that will go to where it's being inputed, check to make sure its 5 or less numbers and then result it back to the main program, but how do i change it to a five digit number with the zeros to be the result??? please help!! thanks ----------------------------------- Thuged_Out_G Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:26 pm ----------------------------------- result "000", number ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:15 pm ----------------------------------- you can always use the intstr and strint convert the number back and forth from strings. here: var num : int var strnum : string get num strnum := intstr (num) if 5 - length (intstr (num)) > 0 then for rep : 1 .. 5 - length (intstr (num)) strnum := "0" + strnum end for put strnum end if