----------------------------------- Angel Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:56 pm Explain this code to me please!!!! ----------------------------------- var word := "W E L C O M E T O M O V I E T R I V I A" var height := 24 var font1 := Font.New ("raavi:" + intstr (height)) var x := (maxx - Font.Width (word, font1)) div 2 var y := (maxy - height) div 2 for rep : 1 .. length (word) delay (100) Draw.FillBox (x, y, x + Font.Width (word (rep), font1), y + height, black) Font.Draw (word (rep), x, y, font1, 13) x += (Font.Width (word (rep), font1)) end for Please explain this? And how do I increase the size of the boxes? What do I have to alter? ----------------------------------- Tony Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:29 pm ----------------------------------- you just expand the box... such as change Draw.FillBox (x, y, x + Font.Width (word (rep), font1), y + height, black) to Draw.FillBox (x-5, y-5, x + Font.Width (word (rep), font1)+5, y + height +5, black) ----------------------------------- Dan Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:35 pm ----------------------------------- %%a basick string var word := "W E L C O M E T O M O V I E T R I V I A" %% the high of the next var height := 24 %% this is the font for Font.Draw, see turing docs for more info var font1 := Font.New ("raavi:" + intstr (height)) %% this finds the center of the screen minuse the width of the string, see Font.Width var x := (maxx - Font.Width (word, font1)) div 2 %% this finds the center of the screen minuse the hight of the text var y := (maxy - height) div 2 %% a for loop that will go once for each char in the string for rep : 1 .. length (word) %%bacik dealy delay (100) %%this draws a box from the vaule x and y (see above) to x plus the width %%of the substrinng word(rep) and y. rep is the index of the for loop so every time %%it runs it adds a char of the string word to the value. so the box gets biger Draw.FillBox (x, y, x + Font.Width (word (rep), font1), y + height, black) %%this wroks like the above where it uses substrings to draw more and more letters. %%word(1) whould be "W", word(5) whoudl be "W E L" and so on. %%so it draws one more char of the sting each time. Font.Draw (word (rep), x, y, font1, 13) %%this adds the length of the char that was added to x so the box will be biger next %%time round x += (Font.Width (word (rep), font1)) end for ----------------------------------- Angel Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:46 pm ----------------------------------- Thank you! :D