----------------------------------- recneps Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:45 pm Compsci.ca crashing IE (maybe netscape too!) ----------------------------------- Well, whenever i would come here, i could view like 3 pages, and then IE would freeze... and i hit ctrl alt del and it says like 5 msnmgr (MSN messenger) and i know thats what crashed it, because i just uninstalled it and it doesnt happen anymore. So if this is happening to anyone else, try uninstalling MSN, and mybe someone at the boards (like admin) if they have power, could turn off whatever makes MSN open. Thanks ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:42 pm ----------------------------------- umm... yeah... compsci is linked to MSN messanger to have some feature (I think it's "Add MSN contact"). It never crashed for me though. I think you didn't compleatly uninstall your MSN :think: ----------------------------------- recneps Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:09 am ----------------------------------- noooo i mean with msn installed, it kept freezing, but now that its uninstalled, it doenst freeze.. maybe i just had an error in mine? ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:26 am ----------------------------------- i will look in to it and try to take out the msn thing. it sounds like you had somting wired in windows, what verson do you have? ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:07 am ----------------------------------- hmm i am having problems accessing also. in my other comp it simply give me an address not found error. i had to switch and use netscape in order to gain access to this site ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:20 am ----------------------------------- Everytime I use IE to get to this site, it's ok until I click on some topic. A few topics work with IE, the rest of them, IE just automatically closes them for me. I have to use Mozilla Firebird to view this site. ----------------------------------- Amailer Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:17 pm ----------------------------------- Because it looks the best on mozilla/firebird ;D ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:48 pm ----------------------------------- tru, tru. mozilla firebird never gives me problems when i view this site. although for some reason i can't run javascript stuff with it, even though i downloaded and set up the plugin it just doesn't work. ----------------------------------- Amailer Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:52 pm ----------------------------------- Ya some of the javascirpts don't work on mozilla, like the glowing text. ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:07 pm ----------------------------------- no, i mean like, everything. it shows that button to download the plugin to enable java on web pages, and i did download it but it still shows up. ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:07 pm ----------------------------------- no, i mean like, everything. it shows that button to download the plugin to enable java on web pages, and i did download it but it still shows up. ----------------------------------- shorthair Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:58 am ----------------------------------- Im having the same problem ----------------------------------- recneps Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:45 am ----------------------------------- i have windows ME