----------------------------------- santabruzer Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:07 pm Challenge! ----------------------------------- I've got a challenge for anyone.... I personally don't know what's screwing up with my program, so i'm gonna do this.. anyways, the challenge is to make an RSA encryption program.. obviously if you made it already, it's easier :wink: .... I was just simply wondering what is the best language to do it in, best conditions, etc.. anyways.. one site that was really helpful was : [url=http://www.di-mgt.com.au/rsa_alg.html]RSA Encryption.. Anyone up for it? ----------------------------------- Martin Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:23 pm ----------------------------------- That looks pretty cool. I'd go with C++, but you're going to have to write a lot of your own functions to handle really big numbers (such as using strings to hold the big numbers), and also write up math opperations to add, subtract, divide and multiply string numbers. The best way to do this is just to think back to your grade school math class and do things step by step. For example, add the strings "1234" and "5678" 1234 +5678 -------- 2 (carry the one) 10 (carry the one) 900 (no carry) 6000 (no carry) -------- 6912 Same thing for multiplying :) Hope this helps. ----------------------------------- shorthair Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:41 am ----------------------------------- i tried to make one so could crack the 1024 bit rsa encryption key on the xbox games , so that copied games could be played on a reail xbox