----------------------------------- copthesaint Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:10 pm Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Ok so really this is a huge debate I have always had and I always keep changing sides, but what do you, the users of compsci believe is better: Fruit by the foot or Fruit Roll-Ups. To start thing going I would have to say Fruit roll-ups is way better then fruit by the foot. http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/fruit-roll-ups-16894.jpg http://img.icefoundry.co.uk/l_fruit_by_the_foot_variety.jpg ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:43 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- I remember having both during my childhood years, and from what I recall Fruit-By-The-Foot was better. Also, both have significantly gone downhill (as with all snack foods) since I think. ----------------------------------- Euphoracle Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:53 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- They're both just sugar with artificial flavour, neither are good for you, you shouldn't eat either; they're both bad. ----------------------------------- Zren Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:22 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Fruit by the foot all the way! Every single time I've had fruit rollups it's stuck to the sheet and always tasted rubbery or tough. ----------------------------------- Insectoid Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:07 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- I thought they were the same thing... ----------------------------------- ProgrammingFun Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- I thought they were the same thing being marketed with two different names. (Same company). ----------------------------------- apomb Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:05 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- fruit roll-ups, in their hay-day before fruit by the foot were the tits! fruit by the foot was a complete sham... 3 feet of fruit? not even close. ----------------------------------- copthesaint Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:35 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- You guys never liked the fact that you got more actual snacks from Fruit Roll-Ups then Fruit by the foot? I loved being able to take two to school every day and see how people with fruit by the foot only could take one. Also you have to admit, the tattoos for your tongues on the fruit roll-ups were pretty cool. ;p ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:07 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- I believe it used to be 4 feet, not 3 (if that's what it is now). ----------------------------------- copthesaint Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:19 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Since WHEN!? It was 3 feet ever since I have had one of those things. ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:09 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Well, I remember having them all the time in grade 3 or 4 - that was roughly 11 or 12 years ago. Not sure when things got cheap. ----------------------------------- Turing_Gamer Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:28 am RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Is there a neither/never tried option? I'd rather have a granola bar than those things... I agree with all comments THAT ARE AGAINST BOTH OF THESE THINGS... I feel better now. :p ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:13 am RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Strong feelings towards some fruit snacks. But yes, I would love a granola bar (the chocolate-covered variety) or two. ----------------------------------- saltpro15 Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:48 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- to this day I've still never tasted one, my mum hid them from me my whole childhood because her friends are dentists and warn about how bad they are >:( ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:06 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Haha, reminds me of the 2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. ----------------------------------- copthesaint Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:56 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Lol Salt pro is going to have one and finally realize his purpose in life :) lol ----------------------------------- andrew. Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:05 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Don't worry Saltpro. They taste like crap now. ----------------------------------- copthesaint Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:33 pm Re: RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Don't worry Saltpro. They taste like crap now. Correction, they always did, but you were little and you liked the taste of pure sugar and food die ;p Edit: lol look at the percenatages for 9 and 4, 9 : 69% 4 : 30% where is the 1% ;). Fail lol ----------------------------------- USEC_OFFICER Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:04 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- It's called rounding, geez. (Completely agree that they taste like crap now though.) ----------------------------------- copthesaint Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Rhetorical question. How stupid do you think I am? ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:24 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Do you really want me to answer that? :P ----------------------------------- saltpro15 Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:31 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- ahh looks like I missed a little bit of childhood :( I never got to watch Power Rangers either, parents always claimed it was too violent... fuck my childhood lol ----------------------------------- Insectoid Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Haha saltpro, my parents didn't let me watch Power Rangers either. They weren't awake at 6:00 though, which was when it aired. ----------------------------------- copthesaint Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Lol there are so many shows that copy power rangers. ----------------------------------- D_homes Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:17 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- this thread = massive nostalgia fruit roll-ups were my favorite ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:32 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Man, Power Rangers brings back some awesome memories. ----------------------------------- saltpro15 Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:23 am RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- went out and bought one last night and meh, I didn't miss much. Power Rangers kicked ass though, I youtube'd it ----------------------------------- A.J Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:47 am RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- "Fruit-by-the-Foot, they are 3 feet of fun....oh yea" I hate'em both >_> ----------------------------------- Turing_Gamer Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:45 am RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- GRANOLA BARS FTW Used to watch power rangers when I was young for a little while. My feet are sore. When is lunch? (Example of Offtopic discussion) ----------------------------------- DtY Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:52 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Huh? I thought they were the same thing ----------------------------------- slider203 Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- I like fruit by the foot! Power Rangers was one of my favourite shows when I was little I still remember the theme song!!! ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Fruit roll-ups were essentially sheets of this substance (think a sheet of paper rolled up in a package), often with shapes stencilled in them so they can be pushed out with your thumb. Sometimes Fruit By The Foot were improperly called "fruit roll ups" as they seemed to be a better fitting name. ----------------------------------- andrew. Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:57 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- I never watched Power Rangers as a child :( I watched a lot of other shows like Hey Arnold and Arthur. ----------------------------------- USEC_OFFICER Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:56 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Same here (About the Power Rangers part.) ----------------------------------- ProgrammingFun Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:48 pm Re: RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Same here (About the Power Rangers part.) Agreed. I watched shows such as Pok?mon, Digimon, Transformers, Rescue Heroes and such... Good memories. :D ----------------------------------- Insectoid Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:28 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- I watched Arthur, Magic Schoolbus, and all the other TVO Kids shows. If I think WAY back I can remember Dudley the Dragon, Teletubbies, Blue's Clues, Professor Iris, Polka-dot-door, Zaboomafoo, the show about the giraffe thing from polka-dot-door, etc. *goes off to you-tube old shows* ----------------------------------- USEC_OFFICER Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:44 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- God, this thread makes me feel so old. ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:19 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- After the past few posts I'm starting to feel old too - I watched much older cartoons than those. Grew up on Daffy Duck, Loony Toons, Roadrunner, even mighty mouse. Also some newer shows like Magic School Bus, the old old Scooby Doo stuff, ... Thems was good times! :P ----------------------------------- USEC_OFFICER Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:41 am RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Yes they were... *Fade out* *Fade in* Wow, I got a large case of Deja Vu. Wow, I got a large case of Deja Vu ----------------------------------- Turing_Gamer Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:57 am RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Pokemon still goes surprisingly enough. I remember I used to watch 'Reboot' and 'Delila and Julius' on Teletoon along with 'Bear in the Big Blue House'. Reminds me of when I was in my old house. I would take one of the sofa cushions (the big ones) put it on the rug and watch. Now that I think about it, I also liked to watch Disney's Robin Hood with animals, not humans. Ah, memories. P.S. This is way offtopic ----------------------------------- Clayton Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:23 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- It was all about Gargoyles and Transformers. Nerds. ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:31 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Anyone remember Stickin' Around? http://thatissophat.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/stickinaround2.jpg ----------------------------------- USEC_OFFICER Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:41 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Yes! @Turing_Gamer: It could be much, much worse. Plus everybody is talking about it. ----------------------------------- andrew. Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:50 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- @SNIPERDUDE: I forgot about that show! @Turing_Gamer: I also used to watch Reboot. ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:08 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Huh, apparently Stickin' Around was Canadian. OPENING THEME ----------------------------------- USEC_OFFICER Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:17 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- That does not surprise me at all. ----------------------------------- Turing_Gamer Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:39 am RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- I somewhat saw stickin' around but then i got bored of it ----------------------------------- copthesaint Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 am RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Ed Edd and Eddy, Enough said :) Although you guys may have not watched that too much unless you had satellite Since, Idk, but it may have been a american show only. ----------------------------------- SNIPERDUDE Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:40 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- haha, I remember that show! ----------------------------------- USEC_OFFICER Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:48 pm RE:Which is better: Fruit roll-ups or fruit by the foot? ----------------------------------- Me too, but I never really watched it. (I do remember the board guy though)