----------------------------------- Kuntzy Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:49 pm Pong AI... ----------------------------------- Just wanted to see what you thought of the AI, please don't comment about the crappy collosion detection, or the simplicity, i just got started on this. ----------------------------------- poly Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:34 pm ----------------------------------- Well I lost to it, because the paddle didnt move quick enough. Make it so that your paddle can get from the top to the bottom faster... ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:35 pm ----------------------------------- i think that slow paddle movement adds on to the difficulty. To the extend that AI has a definate advantage :roll: ----------------------------------- poly Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:38 pm ----------------------------------- ya, in pong you can make an unbeatable ai...just make the computers paddle follow Y coordinate ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:44 pm ----------------------------------- just make the computers paddle follow Y coordinate it will work only if the paddle moves atleast as fast as the ball :roll: But you can always just calculate where the ball will try to cross AI's line after being reflected by the player and move AI's paddle there. But unbeatable AIs are no fun to play against. ----------------------------------- poly Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:58 pm ----------------------------------- But unbeatable AIs are no fun to play against. well it would be pretty fun playing against one....and i say that with sarcasm ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:47 am ----------------------------------- well you might as well play in pong against a wall then :lol: ----------------------------------- santabruzer Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:23 am ----------------------------------- The best positions you want to be at..... the computer can't do a thing... ----------------------------------- Kuntzy Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:31 pm If I make you able to move faster... ----------------------------------- The game is too easy, I am planning on makeing a easy, medium, difficult, and insane. And if I make the Computer mirror the ball, it will be impossbile, and you might as well play against a wall, making it meaningless. Thank you for your input. ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:31 pm ----------------------------------- its easy to predict where the ball will end up, so making an unbeatable AI isnt hard... the instant the ball touches the opponent's padle, the AI should already know where its going... ----------------------------------- roer Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:50 pm ----------------------------------- Change userSPEED to 5, it seems fairer :) The AI dosent like moving much either ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:51 pm ----------------------------------- heck, if the angle of reflection is always the same (seeing as the paddle is flat) then AI should know where the ball will be after indefinate amount of moves in advance :lol: ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:07 pm ----------------------------------- well, if the ball hits the coner, shouldnt it bounce differently? ----------------------------------- Kuntzy Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:43 pm ----------------------------------- [quote="dodge_tomahawk"]well, if the ball hits the coner, shouldnt it bounce differently?[/quote] Like I said at the Start, i am goin to improve my collision detection. And I am now workinh on a paddle that looks something like this: / | \ This will make the game a little less predictable. Also what does anyone think about adding in Random Walls here and there throughout the game, that could make it more interesting. ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:46 pm ----------------------------------- maybe not entirely random... you can have like different level maps :D you can think up a bunch of features to make the game more interesting... heck, you can have powerups and what not. 8) ----------------------------------- ArchAngel16 Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:49 pm ----------------------------------- Well I cant seem to get it to run on mine. But then again I'm running 3.1.1A so if I upgrade it'll prolly work ----------------------------------- DanShadow Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:06 pm ----------------------------------- Pretty neat, really found the "slloooow" moving paddle to be annoying, heh. AI is ok though ----------------------------------- shorthair Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:00 pm ----------------------------------- nice progg