----------------------------------- Le Chuck Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:11 pm Okay... Uploading Music Files... ----------------------------------- Is there any way I can upload a music file into my program and fork it with some other tasks? :?: ----------------------------------- poly Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:16 pm ----------------------------------- process music loop Music.PlayFile ("song.mp3") end loop end music fork music you want to loop the music so it dont just stop in the middle of your game/program ----------------------------------- Le Chuck Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:23 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah, I tried that and for some reason, the program runs but I'm not getting any sound... ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:26 pm ----------------------------------- you must input the correct directory for wherever your music file is located at. Make sure all the spelling is correct and whatnot. ----------------------------------- Le Chuck Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:30 pm ----------------------------------- Okay, so here's what Ive got... process music loop Music.PlayFile ("C:/Program Files/OOT for Windows/hmk.mp3") end loop end music fork music and that still won't work... Sorry, but I'm really confused... ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:45 pm ----------------------------------- you are using the wrong slash.. i think.. shouldn't it be "\" instead of "/"...? ----------------------------------- Le Chuck Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:47 pm ----------------------------------- Nope, that didn't help any... ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:53 pm ----------------------------------- i tried to run it, and it plays.. perfectly.. i don't know what's wrong.. To play mine i put the program into the same directory as the music file, and basicaly just put Music.PlayFile ("song.mp3") You have to make sure that you have the correct song and name ----------------------------------- poly Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:53 pm ----------------------------------- ok here is what you do. You take the mp3 and copy it... than paste it in the same folder as the turing file, than all you have to do is: process music loop Music.PlayFile ("hmk.mp3") end loop end music fork musicnow youll just need to put hmk.mp3 because the mp3 file is in the same folder as the turing folder Now if that does not work, what version of turing do you have? ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:54 pm ----------------------------------- repeating what i say :P ----------------------------------- poly Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:57 pm ----------------------------------- we posted at the same time! ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:58 pm ----------------------------------- :o must of had the same thought at the same time... ----------------------------------- Le Chuck Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:00 pm ----------------------------------- Okay, that doesn't work... my version is... Object Oriented Turing (3.1.1A (32 Bit)) ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:03 pm ----------------------------------- Maybe you should upgrade to 4.0.4[d]... or 4.0.4 works for music.... try it ----------------------------------- Le Chuck Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:08 pm ----------------------------------- Alright, I can't get the patch because my version is too old... not to mention I need to talk to my Comp Sci Teacher about updatess apparently... So, does anybody have a patch for my version? ----------------------------------- BladeOfDeath Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:20 pm ----------------------------------- Go to the tiko site and use the link that Stork gave... ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:23 pm ----------------------------------- tiko site? what the heck is that? gimme gimme gimme ----------------------------------- BladeOfDeath Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:26 pm ----------------------------------- im not allowed... Its our classes computer science site... ----------------------------------- Le Chuck Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:43 pm ----------------------------------- Go to the tiko site and use the link that Stork gave... Thanks I'll do that... ----------------------------------- Andy Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:33 pm ----------------------------------- 4.04d is out??? where?? ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:55 pm ----------------------------------- :oops: .. that's a typo... sorry to ruin your excitement dodge_tomahawk....