----------------------------------- templest Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:57 pm The most amazing particle engine EVER made! (FINAL VERSION!) ----------------------------------- ... ok. So maybe it's not THAT astonishing. And it has been done a million times over. But I just had to make one (to see if I could). Can you say Font.Draw (".", x, y, font, white)? If you can, you just discovered about %20 of the code for this little app. :lol: It's not the prettiest thing ever. It doesn't Pic.Load and cool stars or anything. It has no support for gravity... or wind.. or... well... pretty much anything. Just my little invented algorithm to make it seem like it has gravity support (if you consider gravity pulling you sideways). No... You cannot change the direction of where the particles fall, it has no "FPS" teller on the side, It has no exit sequence (click the little "x" at the to right corner to exit), No multi-colors (although I could... hmm... maybe at a later date). Keep in mind I wrote this thing in about 5 to 15 mins. And if It's worth it (meaning I can make it better than it already is without too much of a hassle EDIT: Holly crap! I have 12 bits! Where the hell did I get those from!? I DIGRESS! Here it is: ----------------------------------- Andy Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:08 pm ----------------------------------- you should make it go multi directions ----------------------------------- templest Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:29 pm ----------------------------------- Hmm... I'm actually working on that as I reply to this. See I starting making it this morning (the things I do on a PA day! :roll: ). I've actually got the multi-color thing going on and I'm trying to get the particles (Font.Draw dot's [still]) to follow the mouse around (I've been at it for almost an hour now... If I don't get it to work soon then screw it). Ohh... I'm up to 14 particles now! :lol: I'll upload an updated copy once I get some bugs worked out. :shock: ----------------------------------- templest Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:05 pm ----------------------------------- Guess what! 20 Particles... think I can go up to 100 before 3:30? :lol: But their all lime green now though... when I randomized the colours it keeps displaying to many black's so you can't see them that well. Next time I post it will be spraying the particles down! And will have wind effect! (No... that's not just a clever way of saying "Damn dots'll keep going right for all I care", It'll look better. :wink: ) Here's the current version... :) (0.1.3)