----------------------------------- Martin Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:20 am Religion ----------------------------------- Here's another hot topic, let's keep this clean and face the facts: nobody is going to switch religions, or drop a religion altogether because of this thread. I do intend however to question your faith, or lack thereof. So let's start this thread with a simple question? Are you religious, and how so? What do you believe about your religion, and what don't you believe about it? Is there a God, and what is God? I should tell you about myself, I guess. I'm an agnostic by choice, my parents are catholic. I've read the bible of my own accord, I go to a public school, I don't attend church. ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:03 am ----------------------------------- Martin - isn't it called asiest? well ether case. My parents are not very religious, they dont go to church or anything, but I remember my mom mentioning something about her being catholic... or russian orthodox :? whatever that is :think: doesnt matter really. I personally think that religion should be left up to the person to deside. How do they know which one works out best for them, if their parents force their own religion onto them :? Kids should be allowed to explore on their own... try different religions, make up their own damn mind. I think that religion should not be allowed to be practiced before the age of 18 :lol: ----------------------------------- McKenzie Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:21 pm ----------------------------------- I think you have to start with one obvious truth. The truth is the truth no matter what we think about it. A very popular idea in our society is that everyone has their own personal truths, whatever feels good to you is what you should do. From here the most important question. Is there a God? If there isn't then we are just wasting our time praying to him, and restricting our freedom by following rules we may not agree with. If there is a God, and He controls our eternal salvation it is extremely important to figure out what He wants from us. I think if you look at the world honestly it is hard to come to the conclusion that this all arrived by chance. If I place some cans of paint, a canvas and a live hand granade in my garage the end result is not going to be the Mona-Lisa. The odds of us coming into existance by chance is far-far less. From here which religion has the "right" answers? I'm RC, and can explain why, but I think you need to honestly look at the different religions. (Make no mistake, the reletivism and Liberalism that Society sells is a religion, but it is selfish and misguided to say the least) ----------------------------------- Rudiger Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:49 pm ----------------------------------- ok im sick (fucking nazis), i don't belive in christinanyfsdfs, but i belive in some of thre things like " DO ON TO OTHER , AS YOU WAN TO ON TO YOU" i( forgut i was out of my christan school for a week 9i have so much homework) stupid flu) i would type some more but my heafd hurtsso im going to stop. yeah i didn't erad the question at the beguninge so i ...... ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:02 pm ----------------------------------- i like buddhism, nice relagion. they have acpentects for all life and arein sreach for spetrial and invere peac. but i am asiest like tony and martine. ----------------------------------- Martin Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:53 pm ----------------------------------- "If you believe, and God exists, you gain everything. If you disbelieve, and God exists, you lose everything." -Pascal ----------------------------------- JayLo Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:08 am ----------------------------------- note: there's a difference between agnostic and atheism. agnostic means that you might believe that there is a God. atheism means that you do not believe that there is a God. by the way, i'm christian. ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:34 am ----------------------------------- off all the religions i've ever studied Zarathushtrian is one of the nicest. They basically believe:"Good toughts,Good deeds,Good sayings". But i'm not religious so... meh ----------------------------------- rizzix Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:49 am ----------------------------------- Roman Catholic. -- Not the easiest to follow. But i believe it is the only true religion. All others, no opinion. Our examples. Your decision. ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:33 pm ----------------------------------- rizzix, i do not mean to start an argoument but what do you bases that on? are your parnets Roman Catholic? what i am trying to say is that there is no way to turly tell what region is the "true" one if any of them all are. alot of them are even just difrent versons of each other witch whould make it even hareder for there to be true one. ----------------------------------- rizzix Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:11 pm ----------------------------------- yea my parents are.. and i'm baptized as a RC ! ----------------------------------- Rudiger Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:36 pm ----------------------------------- ok there isn't one right religion cause if you say that you are a nazi (just jokeing)but you have to be opinion minded to be religis. so be open minded dont be like bush and always remeber to wear your underwear outside your pants. ----------------------------------- rizzix Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:17 pm ----------------------------------- are u saying u want me to argue/debate? i have no time for that! thus no opinion! :evil: :!: ----------------------------------- McKenzie Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:53 pm ----------------------------------- It's hard to be RC and not feel that it is the one "true" religion. The main reason is that it is in the Apostle's Creed. I fear a more detailed explanation would cause a lot of :roll: and :x ----------------------------------- Dan Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:14 pm ----------------------------------- yea my parents are.. and i'm baptized as a RC ! may not bivle this but a parents used to be RC, and i think i may have been baptized RC or may be it was a difrent one. oh well ether way i dont think they whoulod whont me, lol. ----------------------------------- Andy Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:55 pm ----------------------------------- i'm EC (evangelical christian)... neither of my parents are religious... only me in my family, infact my grandma was buddist ----------------------------------- rizzix Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:10 pm ----------------------------------- really? thats cool