----------------------------------- Zero Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:03 am Rainbow effect ----------------------------------- Well i was hoping that some one here could explain why this happens: useing my oval (again) as an exmple; it works with anything aslong as you have a "for x/y:" as far as i know. setscreen ("graphic:vga") for x : 0 .. 100 by 10 for y : 0 .. 100 by 10 drawoval (320, 240, x, y, y) delay(5) end for end for Why is it when you put the X or Y variable in for a colour you get this rainbow aray of colours for that shape? (It turned out better then i thought, as one of my friends spent about aday or two trying to get this effect and now i get to rub it in his face :lol: ) ----------------------------------- Tony Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:13 am ----------------------------------- because colors are represeted by a value 0-255 so since your x variable changes (because of the forloop), so are the colors that are being used for the ovals ----------------------------------- Zero Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:38 am ----------------------------------- ooohhh, ok cool, Thanks Tony and i hope this time the topic name is more to your liking :)