----------------------------------- siczy Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:06 pm how can you open c:drive in turing? ----------------------------------- is there any method that we can use to open C drive in turing? control panal too~ thanks :lol: ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:07 pm ----------------------------------- what do you mean open c: drive? browse it? or open up the folder? opening up the folder is impossible (i think), but browsing is possible... i think catalyst did something like that. ----------------------------------- siczy Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:08 pm ----------------------------------- my account is limited in Win2x,i want to open the c drive somehow ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:12 pm ----------------------------------- o, not possible.. i dont think at least... you can execute exes from c drive using turing, but i dont know why you'd need to do that... this can be down in c++ tho, cuz you can open up dos using vc and you can then cpy files from the c drive to your own account ----------------------------------- siczy Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:13 pm ----------------------------------- hehe~never mind then~i'm just curious ----------------------------------- siczy Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:14 pm ----------------------------------- can you help me with the kind of sorting method? ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:16 pm ----------------------------------- sorting method? what sorting method? i didnt say nothing about sorting... ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:35 pm ----------------------------------- i'm not sure what kind of help you need with sorting but it turns out it is possible to access (open) the c: using turing. good ol' Sys.Exec! if Sys.Exec ("C:") then end if i just used an if statement because Sys.Exec is a function, and therefore returns a value. you could also have put Sys.Exec ("C:") but it'd be dumb to have a window pop up and say true. or you can copy a shortcut to something (anything), then select the shortcut, press ALT+ENTER (assuming the admin has restricted right-clicking), and change the shortcut path to wherever you want to go. problem with that one is that i think someone found out about that last year and now i can't use ALT+ENTER, and even bringing in a copy of a shortcut to c: didn't work for some reason. :roll: but the moral of the story is this: stop trying to get access to areas that people don't want you getting into, because that's bad. so, there you go. ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:39 pm ----------------------------------- OMG!!! ahhh, nick, dang, you have too much free time... oh man... thats cool.. i'd give you bits, but u dont need them and i need them lol ----------------------------------- Tendulkar Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:05 pm Re: how can you open c:drive in turing? ----------------------------------- is there any method that we can use to open C drive in turing? control panal too~ thanks :lol: % HERE IS YOUR PROGRAM: var number : int var file : string put "Enter number 1 for C DRIVE" put "Enter number 2 for A DRIVE" put "Enter number 3 for D DRIVE" put skip put "Enter your number now: " .. get number % CHECKS WHICH NUMBER HAS BEEN PRESSED loop if number = 1 then file := "c:" exit elsif number = 2 then file := "a:" exit elsif number = 3 then file := "d:" exit else put "Enter the correct number (1,2,3): " .. get number end if end loop % DISPLAYS if not Sys.Exec (file) then put "An Error Has Occured while opening the Drive ", file, " ", Error.LastMsg else put "Success" if number = 1 then put "Drive C will open now" elsif number = 2 then put "Drive A will open now" else put "Drive D will open now" end if end if All you hae to do is just use the Sys.Exec statements. ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:08 pm ----------------------------------- unmm... thats what mazer wrote ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:21 pm ----------------------------------- hmm.... i didn't think you'd be able to open control panel but i guess you can. not very different either if Sys.Exec ("Control Panel") then end if but i don't think you'd need it. even on school computers you can get to the control panel, but there isn't much you can do there so it's pretty useless. ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:26 pm ----------------------------------- not at our school, you cant even access control panel anymore... we got to change our pass by using ctrl alt del now ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:28 pm ----------------------------------- not at our school, you cant even access control panel anymore... we got to change our pass by using ctrl alt del now oh? geez! if i were a highschool compsci teacher i'd give everyone in my class (the one's who cared about comspsci, anyways) teacher accounts so they could do all the shit they want. ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:31 pm ----------------------------------- lol, so they can do what martin and alex were doing to rui and meng on the day of dwite in a middle of a test? ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:39 pm ----------------------------------- yes pretty much. that thing is pretty useful! i used it to go into someones... no, i never used it, i don't know what one could do with access to a teacher account. although i did come up with an idea for it. lan support for evasive maneuvers! steps: 1) player 1 logs onto the computer with his or her (er.... do any girls even play evasive maneuvers?) student account and start up the game of em (they'll need the other player there to login with their user name and password) 2) player 2 goes to the computer that was signed in with the teacher account and uses that special program to take control of the student account, then it's like it's multiplayer! sure it'll be laggy, and the graphics will be pretty bad, but hey you'll just have to wait until i get off my ass and learn opengl/some free 3d engine and make the sequel in c++