----------------------------------- santabruzer Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:16 pm Need help with Movement ----------------------------------- Here.. Let's say i have a program that start out with something like this: import GUI in "%oot/lib/GUI" var x : array 1 .. 4 of int := init (155, 165, 160, 160) var y : array 1 .. 4 of int := init (0, 0, 0, 5) var chars : array char of boolean var line :int setscreen ("graphics:320;320") loop Input.KeyDown (chars) line := GUI.CreateLine (x(1), y(1), x(2), y(2), 0) line := GUI.CreateLine (x(3), y(3), x(4), y(4), 0) if chars (KEY_RIGHT_ARROW) then for i : 1..4 x(i) := x(i) + 1 delay(3) cls drawline (x(1), y(1), x(2), y(2), 1) drawline (x(3), y(3), x(4), y(4), 1) end for end if if chars (KEY_LEFT_ARROW) then for i : 1..4 x(i) := x(i) - 1 delay(3) cls drawline (x(1), y(1), x(2), y(2), 1) drawline (x(3), y(3), x(4), y(4), 1) end for end if end loop I think the GUI is pointless here.. but anywho.. what can i do instead of "cls"? ----------------------------------- Tony Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:11 pm ----------------------------------- what the :shock: GUI is used to draw lines... which is pointless :? anyways, instead of cls, you can just redraw the screen. which would be Draw.FillBox(0,0,maxx,maxy,white) ----------------------------------- Blade Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:16 pm ----------------------------------- well, it seems like you're trying to get rid of flicker... and you obviously are using turing 4.x so you can use setscreen("offscreenonly") and View.Update this will get rid of your flicker. the offscreenonly sets the the program so that you update the screen with the command View.Update. so whenever you call View.Update the screen will refreash all at once, instead of refreashing every time you put something out. ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:08 pm ----------------------------------- Thanx.. that explanation clears it all... :D