----------------------------------- mac Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:22 pm Help Guys ----------------------------------- help i want to make a hang-man game but i don't know how can u get help me out ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:54 pm ----------------------------------- we are not going to make your game for you but we can give you some tips with the parts of your game. 1st of all you are going to need a litst of worads to use in the game, you coude ether save thes in a file or have them all as vars in the game (if they are saved in file it whode give the user the posiblitey to add more worads latter on) 2nd you whode be to anyize the wronds and see how long they are, also load the file with them in it if you save them in a file. next you whode have to make a "_" for erver letter in everworad. 3rd you whode need to get imput from the user and compar it agested all the letters in the worad. if one is rigth then show that letter and if one is wrong draw a new pice of the guy. 4th either all the pices are drawn or the worad has been spelled out. then you need to reset everything and repeate setpes 1-4. that is the baicks of how you whode do it, i sugested trying and if you get stuck asking us somting more spisifck like "how do i open a file". P.S. plz put more meaning full subject names, thx. ----------------------------------- mac Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:35 pm what ----------------------------------- yo i still don't get it help me bro ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:09 am ----------------------------------- we are not going to make your game for you but we can give you some tips with the parts of your game. what eactate part are you having a problem with? ----------------------------------- mac Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:52 am ok ----------------------------------- ok how do i start it explain in easy words for me ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:01 pm ----------------------------------- well i whode start with a titel page for the game ex: var key:string (1) put "this is my game ;)" put "" put "hit any key" getch (key) then you will need to say the rules and stuff this code be on the title page ex: put "how to play" put "" put "stuff about how to play game" put "" put "hit any key" getch (key) now you will need to start making the game. i whode sugest starting by making the variubles you think you are going to need. ex: var worad1: string := "turing" var worad2: string := "swat" var worad3: string := "dan" var worad4: string := "tony" var numwrong: int := 0 next you will need to start wroking on the main loop ex var worad1: string := "turing" var worad2: string := "swat" var worad3: string := "dan" var worad4: string := "tony" var numwrong: int := 0 for i : 1 .. length (worad1) put "_ " .. end for this will put the blanks for the 1st worad. try and do the rest of your progame your self. ----------------------------------- mac Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:00 am yes ----------------------------------- yes i get it now but what is the next things i have to do bro ----------------------------------- mac Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:31 pm ok ----------------------------------- help guys what is the next part to the game ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:02 pm ----------------------------------- now you want to get users guess. then check if this guess is correct or not. if guess is correct, you display that letter if guess is wrong, you draw one of body parts of the hangman ----------------------------------- mac Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:12 pm ok ----------------------------------- hey how do i do that ----------------------------------- Dan Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:47 pm !@#$ !!!!!! ----------------------------------- how about you post what code you have so far so we can help you better. ----------------------------------- mac Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:55 pm k ----------------------------------- i have var key:string (1) colour(3) put "Welcome to hang-man the game" put "" put "hit any enter to play the game" getch (key) var worad1: string := "fun" var worad2: string := "school" var worad3: string := "friends" var worad4: string := "what" var numwrong: int := 0 var worad1: string := "fun" var worad2: string := "school" var worad3: string := "friends" var worad4: string := "what" var numwrong: int := 0 ----------------------------------- Tony Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:54 am ----------------------------------- why do you have var worad1: string := "fun" var worad2: string := "school" var worad3: string := "friends" var worad4: string := "what" var numwrong: int := 0 writen 2 times? anyway, now you got to enter the loop the get user input... then run a for loop to check if the letter is present. ----------------------------------- mac Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:11 am ok ----------------------------------- anyway, now you got to enter the loop the get user input... then run a for loop to check if the letter is present. how do i do that ----------------------------------- Tony Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:56 pm ----------------------------------- loop getch(c) for i:1..length(word) if c=word(i) then put "letter found" end if end for end loop