----------------------------------- btiffin Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:37 pm Opinions on Redmine ----------------------------------- I'll take any and all opinions but I'm mostly interested in "No don't! We got 6 months in and .... shit went sideways" take heed warnings. If any, I don't expect any explosive showstoppers, but it's usually best to expect the unexpected Cheers ----------------------------------- md Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:58 pm RE:Opinions on Redmine ----------------------------------- From the very small amount of use I've given it it seems quite nice. Unfortunately where it falls down is customizability. There is only so much you can do with CSS... ----------------------------------- btiffin Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:47 pm Re: Opinions on Redmine ----------------------------------- Thanks md; Customization is low on the pole, so that's an ok downside. Internal use, and wanting the keep a team on code development and not tool development. It's actually working out pretty well. Cheers ----------------------------------- btiffin Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:51 pm Re: Opinions on Redmine ----------------------------------- It's working out great really. Like good kinda great. Worthy of the necropost in lieu of an edit. If you work with software projects, check out Redmine. Well done experience this. Ok, avoid plugins or have a desktop test Redmine running. A lot of alpha code in the third-party, yet some add-ons are rock solid and handy. Ruby is handy to know, but all you really need for Redmine is to monkey some instructions for Rails and gems install. We use our setup for embedded GNU/Linux and mostly Python applications and Cake/PHP development. My desktop test setup is quickly becoming a PIM of choice. Cheers ----------------------------------- yoursecretninja Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:49 am Re: Opinions on Redmine ----------------------------------- Reviving an old post here... I set-up RedMine on my server a few months ago after taking on some larger software projects and finding that emails and docs weren't cutting it anymore. It was too unorganized. RedMine works great. Is stable. And above all, my clients find it easy to go in and participate in discussions, file bugs and feature requests, etc. The initial set-up was cumbersome... spent a good amount of time in the command line... but I'm not a Ruby guy... if I wasn't reading along with documentation as I set the system up, things probably would have gone faster. Before deciding on RedMine I tried Trac... definitely preferred RedMine over Trac!