----------------------------------- HaVoC Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:27 pm Cheap loading screen help ----------------------------------- loop locatexy (200,240) put " Please wait . " for i: 1 .. 10 put i: ,. end for exit when i:= 10 end loop delay (2000) cls You see what i'm trying to do. Please Wait.......... Where each second a dot is added and when 10 dots have appeared it 'loads'. What needs to be changed. I know that "put i: ,. is wrong, but I just don't know what has to be changed. ----------------------------------- Blade Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:20 pm Re: Cheap loading screen help ----------------------------------- loop locatexy (200,240) put " Please wait . " for i: 1 .. 10 put i: ,. end for exit when i:= 10 end loop delay (2000) cls there's a few things wrong. in your put statement you are using a comma without quotes, if you are adding things it has to be used like put "word1", " word2", " . " and your exit when is out of the for loop, so i does not exist when its done you're checking to see if i = 10 is also wrong because you are trying to assign the value with a := .. when you are using boolean you use a = not := ----------------------------------- HaVoC Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:39 pm ----------------------------------- Ok I used your code but it said i hadn't been declared and that there was a syntax error with the put i: ,. -.- ----------------------------------- aesthetics Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:41 pm ----------------------------------- You can use this code i just modified: locatexy (200, 240) put "Please wait ".. for i : 1 .. 10 put ".".. delay (300) end for cls ----------------------------------- Blade Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:55 pm ----------------------------------- Ok I used your code but it said i hadn't been declared and that there was a syntax error with the put i: ,. -.- i quoted your code :roll: all i did was explain to you what you were doing wrong... you have to figure it out for yourself, i'm not gonna do your work for you ----------------------------------- HaVoC Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:29 pm ----------------------------------- Ok I used your code but it said i hadn't been declared and that there was a syntax error with the put i: ,. -.- i quoted your code :roll: all i did was explain to you what you were doing wrong... you have to figure it out for yourself, i'm not gonna do your work for you Stupid me :lol: