
-----------------------------------
ClayWall
Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:12 am

Help Finding Proper Drivers
-----------------------------------
I'm reformatting a buddies Dell Precision 340 Workstation and he doesn't have the driver CD, so I went to the Dell site to look for them.  Normally I install motherboard drivers, video card drivers and then anything else that may be in the computer, but on the Dell site there is no motherboard category and there are a ton of video card drivers that don't really explain what they are.  Is there a better way to find the drivers I need?

-----------------------------------
Vermette
Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:21 am

RE:Help Finding Proper Drivers
-----------------------------------
Find the service tag and punch it in this site:
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_info/en/details

This should give you a list of the parts in the box.  It's been a few years since I used the service, but it *might* have compiled a driver list for the hardware.  If not, you can use it as a starting point.
