----------------------------------- appling Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:50 pm how to make a cartoon turn his head???????? ----------------------------------- how to make a cartoon turn his head, just like he is seeing right side and left side,and looking for something. how to make this. :?: :?: ----------------------------------- Chimaera Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:18 pm ----------------------------------- Do you mean making a picture that you're loading from a location or are you drawing this picture on the go? If you're drawing it on the go, then you'll have to set it for a for loop and change the coordinates of the circles/ovals/box/shape as the loop is executed so the location of the shape is changed. I've devised a bit of a cheating method for making pictures look they're actually changing on the go but in reality, you're just loading up new pictures that have been modified slightly. What you do is draw 1 original picture that is going to be the original first slide shown and then the slides progressively change frame by frame, and you Pic.ScreenLoad (file.jpg) and then delay it by like (100) so it looks like it's being redrawn. My 2nd method is faster to do because you just have to open up mspaint and save like 50 slightly modified frames. The first one would probably impress your teacher more. I've seen a friend do a ball spinning around once and it was pretty slick. All you have to do is just draw the circle, and relocate the eyes/mouth/nose/ears etc. etc. :dance: ----------------------------------- appling Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:27 pm ----------------------------------- not pictures, it's the Graphics. i draw a cartoon head using turing. now i don't know how to make it turn his head like a cartoon. procedure guy var x,y:int x:=300 y:=x %big face drawfillarc(x,y,80,130,180,360,12) drawfillarc(x,y,80,30,0,180,12) %small face drawfillarc(x,(y-15),65,100,170,370,14) drawfillarc(x,(y+6),65,20,195,345,14) %eyes drawfilloval((x-30),(y-40),5,7,7) drawfilloval((x+30),(y-40),5,7,7) %noes drawline(300,250,300,240,7) %mouth drawarc(x,(y-80),40,20,180,360,7) end guy guy i need his head turn right,left,up,and down. ----------------------------------- thoughtful Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:34 pm ----------------------------------- basically then you need 5 pictures or graphics in total. which will be 1. up 2.down 3.center 4.right 5.left right and left are easy to draw as they can jus be flipped around. First of all you have to draw these grpahics. you got the center made already, so make the other 4. Then if you want to make it move the head from right to left you do something like draw the right delay(100) cls draw the center delay(100) cls draw the left delay (100) cls but you need to make those graphics your self. I would recommend a paint program, which would be much faster to draw the image. then you can load then into turing. ----------------------------------- appling Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:43 pm ----------------------------------- i try that, but the picture1 turn to the picture2 is always flashing, it's not smooth, is there a better way? ----------------------------------- Chimaera Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:51 pm ----------------------------------- set the delay for a little longer so then there is less flashing and also try to have the colours fairly uniform so the change between frames is smoother and don't CLS, just redraw over it if it's the same size pictures ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:03 pm ----------------------------------- set your view to View.Set("offscreenonly") and use View.Update after drawing the whole frame. It eliminated the flicker ----------------------------------- appling Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:16 pm ----------------------------------- thanks but how to use and where to use View.Set("offscreenonly") and View.Update ----------------------------------- thoughtful Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:37 pm ----------------------------------- View.Set("offscreenonly") goes before you draw n e thing to screen. View.Update is used to update the screen so put it before or after the cls command ----------------------------------- appling Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:51 pm ----------------------------------- thanks now i get it