----------------------------------- tlivingston Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:42 pm Do you want an overclocked computer? ----------------------------------- Why not make your computer something your friends envy with a window case and neon lights and by saying the ever so satifsying "She runs at 3.5 GHz. What did you say yours ran at again?" and watching there jaws drop. Metallic Surge is a web site for a company that is dedicated to building some freaking amazing computers. Yes, the website isn't fantastic. But the computers we build are! You have my garauntee on that! Do yourself a favor and check it out at http://www.metallicsurge.com Peace. Ted ----------------------------------- krishon Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:57 pm ----------------------------------- lol, yah, ted's quite good at that stuff :D ----------------------------------- LovelyCrap Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:02 pm ----------------------------------- I scanned the site and I have a few questions. What kind of testing do you do during the 24 hour test period to ensure stability? In your quote section, you did not mention what brand of PSU you use or the brand of the RAM. Which model of swiftech kit do you use? the 8500? 22500? 8501? 22501? Is your water cooling just the stock Swiftech kits or did you make any modifications? Is the video card water cooled? If not, is there an options to water cool it? What have you done to ensure that your water cooling systems do not leak? From what I've read on your site, you do not offer any warranties? You made many references to case modding but there were no options in the quote section. What type of modding do you do (if any)? How much are you charging for the lights/window/etc? ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:23 pm ----------------------------------- intresting site but i whould rather spend money on buying all thous cool parts form some one eletes and do it my self. proby whould be cheeper, funner and you migth even lrean somting :shock: ----------------------------------- LovelyCrap Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:04 am ----------------------------------- intresting site but i whould rather spend money on buying all thous cool parts form some one eletes and do it my self. proby whould be cheeper, funner and you migth even lrean somting :shock: Thats exactly what I was thinking. Minor overclocking isn't exactly hard (or dangerous). Neither is building a water cooling set-up, and water cooling kits are really easy to put together (well built custom set-ups perform better than kits). The hardest part is probably picking the right parts (more difficult than it sounds). ----------------------------------- Dan Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:19 pm ----------------------------------- ya thats true dont whont to mess up and get a unstared dell power suply wiht a noraml mother borad. well this is if you whont whont you computer to check on fire :twisted: ----------------------------------- Dan Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:21 pm ----------------------------------- ya thats true dont whont to mess up and get a unstared dell power suply wiht a noraml mother borad. well this is if you whont whont you computer to check on fire :twisted: ----------------------------------- roer Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:01 pm ----------------------------------- I dont see why so many people are scared of overclocking. Unless you bump a P4 up to like 1.8V there really isn't damage in the long run. Overclocking does reduce the life of your computer, but in 10 years are you really going to be using the same computer? If your overclocking chances are your not :wink: ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:01 pm ----------------------------------- sooo... ted how much u think u can send me that NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra or that Radeon 9800 XT for? :P