----------------------------------- Dan Fri May 22, 2009 4:41 pm Summer Upgrades (and Down Time) ----------------------------------- Over the summer (Mid May to August) I will performing upgrades to the server to get load balancing set up between Eclair and Lumiere (our servers). This means there may be some down time witch i will try to keep between 1am and 5am EST but could extend to other hours (in witch case another notice will be posted if i know about it before hand). This will likely effect Apache, Mongrel and MySQL services such as the forums, DWITE, the blog and any user or project sites hosted with us. However the IRC server and shell should be unaffected. P.S. There will also be a kerneal upgrade some time during the summer witch may cause a day of down time but i hope to get Lumiere fully set up first so it can be used as a fail over. ----------------------------------- BigBear Fri May 22, 2009 4:50 pm RE:Summer Upgrades (and Down Time) ----------------------------------- kerneal upgrade as in v4? I noticed a few things were organsed ----------------------------------- Tony Fri May 22, 2009 4:55 pm RE:Summer Upgrades (and Down Time) ----------------------------------- kernel as in OS (Gentoo) ----------------------------------- Dan Fri May 22, 2009 4:56 pm RE:Summer Upgrades (and Down Time) ----------------------------------- Kerneal upgrads as in the linux kerneal the servers run. V4 is still a long way off unless alot of code gets done over the summer (witch i might try to do depending on how much time i have). ----------------------------------- BigBear Fri May 22, 2009 5:11 pm RE:Summer Upgrades (and Down Time) ----------------------------------- I haven't heard anything about v4 what is going to be implemented? ----------------------------------- rdrake Fri May 22, 2009 8:12 pm Re: RE:Summer Upgrades (and Down Time) ----------------------------------- I haven't heard anything about v4 what is going to be implemented?I think the plan is more to fix any features that are widely used and to leave out the broken ones that are rarely used. It will likely be a complete rewrite or based off of an existing project. ----------------------------------- Dan Fri May 22, 2009 8:51 pm Re: RE:Summer Upgrades (and Down Time) ----------------------------------- It will likely be a complete rewrite or based off of an existing project. Indeed but likely with a framework and in a more programmer friendly and fun language like Ruby or Python. ----------------------------------- ecookman Thu May 28, 2009 7:34 am RE:Summer Upgrades (and Down Time) ----------------------------------- Wow, Great. I'm looking forward to summer even more now! :D