----------------------------------- Martin Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:56 pm Time Travel ----------------------------------- I just felt like starting a debate on time travel. Do you think it's possible somewhere down the road? And if so, what is time anyway? Is it possible to travel forward and backward through time, or is time a one way street? All of this then brings up the issue of the chaos theory, that is...should one travel back or forward in time, could that cause some events to happen just because of your existance in another time? And then there's the whole 'if you go back in time and kill your mother, what happens to you' question. Insights please. ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:50 pm ----------------------------------- well I think you can travel back in time to a sertain extend, but not in a physical way... let me explain... You know how it takes time for light to travel? And when we see a super nova in habble telescope, that this star in fact exploded centuries ago? We could apply the same ideo to going back to view the past light that reflected off earth, since its out there somewhere. We just need to send a telescope powerful enough and fast enough (over the speed of light) to catch up with that reflection of earth. Issues ofcourse are - travel of physical objects at speeds exceeding that of light in a vacume. Getting a telescope to capture enough details, lightyears away... and ofcourse finding that damn reflection out there in space, that was not blocked by an asteroid flying by. ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:20 pm ----------------------------------- I hated this part of physics last year just because I didn't agree with the theories... like the theory that it is not possible to travel faster than the speed of light. I mean what is there that is physically stopping this from happening if we were to develop the technology to produce enough energy to do so. ----------------------------------- krishon Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:22 pm ----------------------------------- there really is nothing to stop us....technology is expanding so quickly, there probably is not limit to how fast we can go, especially in the future ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:28 pm ----------------------------------- yeah, I mean there're things traveling as superluminal speeds (light pulse though caesium gas cell) as for physical objects... I donno what they're talking about... In a true vacume, energy required to keep on accelerating, should be constant, reguardless of the vecolity at any instance since there's no drag. In actual space though, a sand particle inpacting at lightspeed can cut right through your spaceship. ----------------------------------- krishon Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:29 pm ----------------------------------- especially without nethin like terminal velocity affecting it ----------------------------------- Catalyst Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:04 pm ----------------------------------- i think time travel can happen time travel to the future is simple enough, just travel very close to light speed or go very close to a very heavy object (eg. black hole) and wait a few seconds time travel to the past would be a hell of a lot trickier. I read a book on the time travel once (a physics book, "Time Travel in Einsteins universe") it presented a bunch of interesting theories such as supeluminal speeds, wormholes, cosmic strings,etc. Causality is a whole other issue. In my opinion i would think that there are no branching paths or changing of the past. Just if u travelled back in time and punched ur self in the face, b4 u time travelled u'd remember ur self coming up and punching u in the face (crude but effective example :lol: ) ----------------------------------- Amailer Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:17 pm ----------------------------------- i think not...and even if we did its kinda no use! because if we travle back in time before we are born supose, you will not be existing..and you basically kill your self... or before the mechine is created ;D, you will never be able to get back to the present cuz, it does not exist ;D ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:12 pm ----------------------------------- Amailer - you travel back WITH the machine... well ether way... if one could travel back in time, obviously they would buy 50% of M$ shares before it is created, but then with all that extra money to begin with, Billy G. might have created something way different... perhaps better... :? and we would all be running Linux now :lol: ----------------------------------- krishon Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:23 pm ----------------------------------- lol, yah amailer, mayb eu shuld go in that machine urself...its true...time travel can have its benefits and its cons......it just depends if ur really willing to risk some things sometimes ----------------------------------- rizzix Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:42 pm ----------------------------------- ok let's see.. go back in time.. thats not possible.. but, let's play along.. so even if it is possible, going back in time means what? does it mean... 1) everything moves back to its previous state? If so, then going back in time would get you younger, until you don't exist. 2) only the environment around you changes to its previous state? If so then you're saying that you create a bubble around you, in which everything inside the bubble is at a fixed time period, but the environment changes. This means that time has stopped for you, while everything changes. So time does not exist once you're in the bubble. This means that for that period in time you do not exist, since time is another way of looking at change in position (i.e if nothing moved, no change, would there be time?). So then how do you suddenly get back in time, when you don't exist any more? Wierd? 3) you're in the bubble but time in the bubble continues as is (does not freeze), but outside the bubble everything changes to its previous state. So you acclerating at a remarkable fast rate forward in time? right? Then how will you ever get "back" in time? It's more like travelling forward in time! WOW you'll never reach there! ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:10 pm ----------------------------------- i was about to start a new topic when i saw this thread... goto www.futureme.org to send an email to the future ----------------------------------- rizzix Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:13 pm ----------------------------------- lol.. that was funny. send a mail to ur self for the year 2005.. then afterwards do something really bad to the their server.. that practically erases all data.. i'll predict the mail never reaching your future self ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:22 pm ----------------------------------- hmm i sent an email to myself in 2009, 2015, and 2024 i think. i hope they still have this thing in 2024 :D ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:24 pm ----------------------------------- you'd also hope you would still use your current email account 20 years in the future, wouldn't you? ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:25 pm ----------------------------------- in my option it is very posable to go fowared in time (just hope in a space ship and go faster then the earth, you dont have to go faster then light just faster then the object that your time is relivtve to) going back in time whould be harder, you whould probly need a wrom hole of some kind or go the speed of light may make you go back in time a bit. acuarding to what i have read that at the speed of ligth it could be posable to be both where you are going, going there and leaving at the same time so that is probly why you cant go faster then light since you whould be there allready and have not where to go, to go faster :shock: any way if you could go back in time it whould be a very bad idea, you could reay screw stuff up and may be even distory the univers if you mess up big engoth. ----------------------------------- rizzix Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:34 pm ----------------------------------- light limits us all. when we seek for the present we instead see the past. there's no point predicting the future. ----------------------------------- Martin Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:53 pm ----------------------------------- I think that time travel is possible both ways, although I can't comprehend how, I just don't see why it would be a limitation. As far as logistics of it goes, or philosophy for that matter, I think that there would be a lot of unexpected things happening. I think that just by existing you could change the future, even if you had no intent of doing so. Just by existing you could put a ripple in time. Killing your parents? That would be interesting, because as soon as you killed them you wouldn't exist so you wouldn't be able to kill them, and then they wouldn't be dead so you would be alive again to kill them. A paradox, congratulations you have just ended the universe. Or something more interesting. ----------------------------------- rizzix Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:20 am ----------------------------------- hehe.. what? :lol: ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:02 am ----------------------------------- does a flap of butterfly wings in Brazil, cause a tornado in Florida? maybe? :? This is called a butterfly effect where such a minor factor grows into something bigger just by existing. As for killing your parents... Two things can happen. You'd ether end the universe (throw it in a never ending loop, unless some random factor (can there be a random factor? anything? some butterfly maybe?) that would prevent you from doing that at a sertain try) or you stay alive... That would just mean that a) death of those people does not stop you from being born (you were adopted?) though it might change your personality if you were rased by them. Or if nothing at all changes to you - that would mean that you're in a parallel universe that is on the whole different timeline all together, and things done here, does not cause change back home. Another interesting thing to wonder about - if sometime in future, we would invent a time machine, would we not travel back to now? I'm sure someone would have noticed. ----------------------------------- rizzix Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:19 pm ----------------------------------- parellel universe is an interesting theory. i've not thought of that.. so... 4) creating a bubble around you, in which space-time in that bubble is a fork of a the current universe but runs parallel to it. Based on this. Let's see.. you can never get in contact with the main universe (if we could then we should be able to do the same now). thuse you'll never notice a change. time travelling in that universe will simply fork a new universe! ok.. whats the point? ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:39 pm ----------------------------------- point is... you time travel to a parallel universe and stip them of all their natural resources, then come back! Vertually unlimited mining of anything you need :lol: On another note - time travel on a smaller scale is already available today, and we all experience it twice a year :wink: Confused? Dont be! Think "daylight saving program" :lol: One hour into the past to catch up on sleep :wink: ----------------------------------- rizzix Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:46 pm ----------------------------------- tony, since its a fork of the current universe.. it runs parallel to it.. your not really affecting the "actual" universe, but only the one ur in. LOL on the daylight savings.. true.. but time is time.. it moves forward no matter what you may say. ----------------------------------- rizzix Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:53 pm ----------------------------------- you see about moving faster than the speed of light.. that kind of time travel is just an illusion. it's like moving faster than the speed of sound. you see what i mean? you hear something of the past just because you moved faster than it, but the time the sound was sounded is still the same. you haven't really gone into the future. but you heard something that took longer to reach you. ----------------------------------- Martin Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:12 pm ----------------------------------- About daylight saving's time...when the government proposed the idea, a bunch of farmers got angry and said that the extra hour of sunlight would burn their crops. ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:14 pm ----------------------------------- so if were looking into the past because of light... then when u look at the sky and u see the sun in it's position it's not really there it was there 8 minuts ago =S ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:32 pm ----------------------------------- it was there 8 minuts ago =S well technically no... since it's the Earth that rotates around the sun, not the other way around... so Sun is stationary. what? you didnt know that? plz don't burn me :lol: ----------------------------------- rizzix Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:19 am ----------------------------------- ehm.. but wouldn't he be correct from his frame of reference!?!!!?!! ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:34 am ----------------------------------- his frame of reference it's all about frame of reference :roll: What if I'll pick a frame of reference that is accelerating through time? That would really mess up how everything would appear :lol: ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:23 pm ----------------------------------- Doh!!!! :all: ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:53 pm ----------------------------------- isn't the daylight savings time stuff balanced out when we set our clocks forward an hour in the spring or summer or whenever it is? as for parallel universes... there's theories of some such as one that's like a spirit (soul) plane where the souls are and then when you are born or die or whatever your soul crosses over... I could be totally wrong about how this one goes but that's my understanding of it. it might explain concepts of reincarnation and other paranormal phenomenons. ----------------------------------- Martin Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:20 pm ----------------------------------- Time travel is indeed possible, as proven by Einstein and Hawking. When you think of travel, you have to think of it as actual travel instead of just 'teleportation' as most people do. Just like travelling anywhere, such as driving somewhere, you have to move, in that case through the x-y-z plane. In the case of time travel, that which you have to travel through is time. This means that to travel in time an arbetrary amount, you would have to pass through every point in time between your starting time and destination time. ----------------------------------- Tony Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:00 pm ----------------------------------- have to pass through every point in time between your starting time and destination time. that is, assuming that time dimention consists of a single value. What I mean is... to move from point (0,0) to (2,0) you dont nessesary have to pass through (1,0). Instead you can go around to (1,1) then to (2,0). Similary, if time could be graffed on a plane, you can go "around". Thats where all those warm-holes come in. ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:01 pm ----------------------------------- that is, assuming that time dimention consists of a single value. What I mean is... to move from point (0,0) to (2,0) you dont nessesary have to pass through (1,0). Instead you can go around to (1,1) then to (2,0). Similary, if time could be graffed on a plane, you can go "around". Thats where all those warm-holes come in. but to go to 0, 0 to 1, 0 or 1, 0 to 2, 0 you would still need to pass through all the points in between ----------------------------------- nis Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:49 am ----------------------------------- Time Travel is Impossible! If there were time travel. At every point alnog the timeline. We would be as advanced as possible. Because someone would go back intime and teach the humans living there at the time all the technology of the future which would then make the future that went back in the first place be more advanced so that they could go back and teach the past that advanced technology and so on. But then someone could say there would be rules. And to that i say as technology becoems more advanced it becomes more accesable. SO therefore in the future even if there were laws set up. Some one would break them (Because they would have all of time to find a way how) And send a little tiny peice of technology that will start a loop and eventually, by witch i mean instantly because time has no meaning now. and do what i said in the begginging. Are we as addvanced as we will be in 1 million years? Well thats up to you to decide. If your answer is no then i am right TIME TRAVEL IS IMPOSSIBLE ----------------------------------- rizzix Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:41 am ----------------------------------- yea but time travell can also mean going forward in time ----------------------------------- Andy Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:19 pm ----------------------------------- i dont think traveling back in time is possible, since we cant travel faster than the speed of light no matter which frame of reference we choose. the formula is something like 1V2=(v2+v1)/(1-((v1v2)/c^2)) so as nothing can go faster than the speed of light. ----------------------------------- Rudiger Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:07 pm ----------------------------------- it is possible to travel in time but you cant go back in time that is impossible. But you can go in the future but it works like this... you need a starship (like voyger (yeah i like startrek :oops: )) ok you go into the ship and you go very fast and i mean fast like light speed. it is proven that time slows down when you go fast....(that is waht my sceice teacher says)so the time slows down and you grow slowly and so you slow done time to a point that the world changes. There time goes faster and you go slower so you go in the future. That is one you can time travel. There is one more one you take a shotgun blow your face of. You use your spirit to go to back in time and take a a person body. i say you should take a kings or princes or empores body. but that is my idea. ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:03 pm ----------------------------------- ummm since when did people prove this? ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:25 pm ----------------------------------- because gravity affect time. I think someone did that experiment with super acurate nuclear clocks where one was taken into a cave while other remained on the surface... cave - being deeper and thus closer to the gravity source made that clock's time fall behind by a really small ammount... or something... ether way - time moves slower when you're near a gravity source, such as black hole :lol: ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:29 pm ----------------------------------- another test was done in orbit of earth, they had a extreamly acrite clock on the space shotle and the nucler one on eather and they found that the one on the space shotle was father ahead then the one on erath. i think is was due to them going faster then the nucler one on earth. ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:23 pm ----------------------------------- I'm wondering how this change in time affects out perseption in time. Such as... if we were put in a conditions away from gravity sources, such as that time on the clock moves significantly faster... would we be able to tell that it is moving faster (or slower in other conditions) or not? What does time really affect? Just moving objects or neuron (spelling?)/nerve signals in human body as well? :think: ----------------------------------- Rudiger Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:50 pm ----------------------------------- ok time is relative to you. So if you arnt doing nothin time moves slower. But if you are doing somehitng( say playing a game, i prefer counter strike) time speeds up and it looks like it past a half hour, but reallly a hour past money. so theres anther type of time travel ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:01 pm ----------------------------------- haha - well I suppose one can fill himself with mind altering drugs. That gotta screw up time perseption :lol: ----------------------------------- Andy Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:40 pm ----------------------------------- time is a scaler, it has no directions... and wtf u talking about? time is not relative! it only seems shorter cuz ur not bored ----------------------------------- rizzix Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:10 pm ----------------------------------- LOL :lol: :lol: i just found that very funny for some reason ----------------------------------- Rudiger Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:23 pm ----------------------------------- time is relative to you..... you know that smart guy back in the day.. you know made the atom bomb and the manhatten project... the guy with puffy hair said that... anywas that guy said it so i belive it so SHUT YOUR FACE. :x ----------------------------------- Andy Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:16 pm ----------------------------------- Einstine??? and he didnt invent the atomic bomb... and when did he say that? ----------------------------------- Martin Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:11 pm ----------------------------------- How can we be so sure that if time travel was possible, we'd go back in time to advance our race? You are for example, the product of one out of millions of sperm...pretty lucky to be alive, at those odds. But then again, you being alive is inevitable. What if our future relatives realized that, and that by going back in time, just their existance would mean a different sperm reached the egg for each person, and that just by going back they would entirely change the future. Different people means different ideas, and a different future. Chaos theory does seem very probable. ----------------------------------- Tony Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:23 pm ----------------------------------- well obviously time travel is possible. Anyone care to try it out with me? http://www.compsci.ca/bbs/files/time_travel.jpg ----------------------------------- JayLo Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:51 am ----------------------------------- i wouldn't mind time travel if it meant that... lol. :lol: ----------------------------------- Rudiger Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:00 pm ----------------------------------- eitseasein..... (i forgut) said it in a book i gut for christmis or in the mail. so ...... ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:02 pm ----------------------------------- go ahead and believe everything you read... ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:01 pm ----------------------------------- enstine said that "there's a very real possibility we could get sexier" with time travel? :think: ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:03 pm ----------------------------------- oh, "einstein!" i thought he was trying to say AsianSensation! ----------------------------------- Andy Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:54 pm ----------------------------------- LOL, azn would never say somthing like that... hes chinesy! lol ----------------------------------- Rudiger Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:22 pm ----------------------------------- and that guy in the wheelchair wrote something aboutbit to but i forgut and i donet want to look for the book ----------------------------------- Mazer Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:26 pm ----------------------------------- i suppose you're talking about steven hawking, but it'd probably be better for you to say the name instead of 'that guy in the wheelchair' and it's kinda pointless to tell us he said something about it if you aren't gonna say what it is he said. ----------------------------------- Rudiger Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:37 pm ----------------------------------- yeah i was bored so... cya ----------------------------------- Amailer Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:29 pm ----------------------------------- Check out this post on phpBB, i think its got something to do with time travel. http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=158967 ----------------------------------- Dauntless Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:18 pm More of a philosophical twist ----------------------------------- Here's an interesting (i think so :P) point. When you go to sleep, you lose sense of time, so in your frame of reference, you travelled forward in time without spending any time to do so. You could say that if someone watched you sleep, they would prove that you did not actually travel forward in time, that you were in front of them all the time that you claimed you were traveling in time. Like Asok/Martin said (hehehe, Dan) to travel to the future or past, you need to travel through the points of time (e.g. (0,0) to (1,0)), this is essentially mental time travel right? You just hafta figure out how to go backwards, or travel so that your body does not age as you travel. Also, could it be that since birth humans have only learned to sleep time forwards? More simply, they have only learned to sleep to advance time mentally? Perhaps somewhere, there are people who sleep to advance time backwards, so in their frame of reference it would be going forwards. What if every person exists in a reality of their own creation? A personal Matrix, you might say. I, Dauntless, have fabricated every single event and person in the world; the people I have never seen, I can't really prove that they're there. Maybe when I sleep, there really is nothing around me, and that I am actually travelling through time. Maybe my mind is not powerful enough to change my reality for the better, and that my Matrix tells me that this is real. Finally, we can't talk about time travel intelligently, because it's all theoretical. When we make a positive statement, we are basing it on the speculation of others. When you cite an equation, you are basing it on the reality of the world around us as it is. We have time paradoxes because we don't yet have the terms to describe events and situations. How can we describe time when all our lives we have not been conditioned to be able to control time? Think of it like this; if you were an omniscient being, able to see everything at the same time, it would be impossible to say with irrefutable evidence that their perspective would be any one way. Humans don't have the vocabulary; our eyes are in the front of our heads, and so the way our eyes are pointed is forward, we invented left and right, up and down. We can't use directions to say what the omniscient being sees; he/she/it sees everything. The closest we can approximate is that he/she/it sees 360 degrees in the vertical and horizontal planes, and can see everything at any distance, from its front, back, left, inside, outside, etc.; we can't describe seeing everything at every distance, because we have never thought of things that way, and our minds are not evolved to. So is time travel possible? My lengthy post has all led up to this. My opinion is that it is, just not in the way you think it is. That statement applies to any way you can think of it :wink: . Like in the book Timeline by Crichton, maybe its not a matter of traveling in time, but a matter of traveling to a different possibility. Maybe every single possible event in our time is happening right now, and we need only to find a means to travel to one of these frames. If you can piece together all the points I was trying to pack together, I think you can get some kind of picture. Some kind of deep picture. :D. - Dauntless the Deep P.S. I've gotta get some kinda award for such a long (not to mention deep) non-spam post....Add me into the award's ceremony, baby/Hacker Dan! ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:27 pm ----------------------------------- that about inatomate objects traveling though time as well? If you let a block of wood just lie there, it will age too (carbon decay). So I dont think our mind has much to do with it :think: ----------------------------------- Dauntless Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:29 pm ----------------------------------- Essentially though, to a limited extent, sleeping is time travel right? Or at least you could saaaay that it is... P.S. That's all you have to say about the pageful of insight i have? :P ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:32 pm ----------------------------------- To Tony: oh but it has everything to do with your mind. We only expercen reality thougth our mind so at some subcontiones level you could covince your self that the wood did travel fowered in time then in at least your realtiy it has. ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:35 am ----------------------------------- speaking of realities... matrix IS possible... maybe not multiplayer though :lol: all you really got to do is stimulate nerves when they're needed to be. There was this one blind guy who got implanted with a small vid cam in his eye and he was able to see... not clearly, but like not total darkness ether. What if you were a part of same crazy matrix research experiment? Like an actual matrix, but you're the only one there who doesnt know it is so. Kind of like "the trueman's show". All the other people you come across are ether suffisticated AIs or scientists logged in though virtual suits or what not. Point is - to the person that will be THE reality, and you can mess up with environments code to make it do all the crazy stuff. I donno... doesn't really have much of a point, or whatever... makes a good story idea... PATTENT PENDING - DONT TOUCH 8) ----------------------------------- shorthair Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:04 am You guys have some very good insihgts on this topic ----------------------------------- JUST WATCH TH SIMPSONS EPP WHERE OMER GOES BACK IN TIME ,,......IT SOLVES ALLL PROBLEMS ----------------------------------- Rudiger Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:09 pm ----------------------------------- ok there are two ways that you can travel through time 1- you buy alot of durgs and i mean alot of it. i say you buy about 100 punds of weed or alot of acid. you take the drugs and you site back a relax. You may die, but it well be a happy death. 2-heres my other idea. things you need -2 by 4 ora heavy peaice of metal of wood. -rope or a freind direaction you take you 2by4 and your freaind and tell him to smack you in the face. once he hits you. you be out cooled and you can travel through time. sooo... so you can try it, but not alot of people listen to me. ----------------------------------- roer Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:40 pm ----------------------------------- If as humans we do reach a point where we can manipulate time I doubt that it would screw us over...I believe in fate thats why :wink: So, if someone travels back in time and screws everything up they were meant to do that so history would not recourse...however travelling in the future is physically impossible. We'd have to hop dimeonsions in order to go to the future...something that will not be happening anytime soon...unless *thinks of Half-Life* ----------------------------------- Tony Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:03 pm ----------------------------------- heh... reminds me of the movie Timeline, where that artheologist (ehh... old stuff digging guy) discoveres his own tomb because later on he goes into past and dies :P So umm... thats where that paradox kicks in, that's suppost to make all things messy if one was to "change" the course of action that directly prevents that person from commuting such act in first place - such as killing your parents before your birth. Go figure. :think: ----------------------------------- Rudiger Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:52 pm ----------------------------------- ok if we go back in time you know how much power you are need. you have to get that engine of homeworld what is like 1000000000000000000000000000000 tons so you cant do it . so you need a good power supply to do it so. but if the machine gets bigger your going to need moe power so its like a one way trip. will you can travel thorgh time thou only to the future. you need to be in a coma (gut it of 28 days later :roll: )or you get frozn like that dude in star wars ( i hate star wars :twisted: ). so you can only go to the future but not to the past. and if you did somehting like the simpsons. with homer and the time machine (all laughts) :lol: ----------------------------------- Tony Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:21 pm ----------------------------------- whats that comment about spending 28 days in coma? The dude from the movie "28 days later" was in a comma for that long, but I though it was just some random number they made up :? ----------------------------------- rizzix Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:55 pm ----------------------------------- speaking of realities... matrix IS possible... maybe not multiplayer though :lol: hehe is that a joke? actually it's not possible. no matter what mode u wanna play in. u can't be born in a virtual universe .. if u think about it.. u'll see why the matrix is not possible. i can understand u r born then eventually enter a virtual universe.. (speaking of which, u must be a verry depressed person) ----------------------------------- Thuged_Out_G Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:43 pm ----------------------------------- ok there are two ways that you can travel through time 1- you buy alot of durgs and i mean alot of it. i say you buy about 100 punds of weed or alot of acid. you take the drugs and you site back a relax. You may die, but it well be a happy death. how the hell does 100 pounds of weed allow you to travel through time? you would puke and fall asleep before even smoking one pound(constant...no breaks)...a pound is 16 ounces....there is 28 grams to an once...thats 448 grams of weed per pound...you can get min 3 joints per gram, thats 1344 joints per pound...ill guess, and say it would take you 3(approx) mins to smoke one joint. thats 4032 mins(67.2 hrs) per pound...and 403200 mins(670.20 hrs) to smoke 100 pounds of weed....you couldnt smoke 100 pounds if you wanted to....acid on the other hand, that would be a little easier lol ----------------------------------- Rudiger Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:37 pm ----------------------------------- yeah thanx for the lesson thug out g (what ever that means).... ok im just saying about the coma thing that you dont remeber nothing when your in a coma your blacked out and time just goes by wiht you not knowing about it. i just referanceing somehting form a moive what i seen like 4 times and in my head all the itme ----------------------------------- Rudiger Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:42 pm ----------------------------------- wait wait i dont get one thing rozer said i qoute from roeer "unless *thinks of Half-Life* " it does that mean. an dyou better not say hl is a bad game if you are saying that i have to hurt you. plase explan to me... ----------------------------------- Mazer Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:39 pm ----------------------------------- as difficult as your post was to understand, i'm gonna try and explain what i think roer was talking about. if you've ever played HL you'd know that a little later on in the game (WARNING: HUGE SPOILER AHEAD -- IF YOU ARE A BIG LOSER WHO STILL HASN'T PLAYED HALF LIFE DO NOT READ) you (Gordon Freeman) travel from our dimension, to Xen. wait... was it a different dimension, or just a different planet in the same dimension? ah well. ----------------------------------- Rudiger Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:44 pm ----------------------------------- and what does that relate to time travel? ----------------------------------- roer Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:52 pm ----------------------------------- wait wait i dont get one thing rozer said i qoute from roeer "unless *thinks of Half-Life* " it does that mean. an dyou better not say hl is a bad game if you are saying that i have to hurt you. plase explan to me... All right, my post was a little confusing correct. I'll try and refine that a bit. To go forward in time...they say you have to go faster then light and that will trigger relativivity. If you want to go backwards in time, how do your suppose we do that? We would have to jump into another dimension which allows us to do that. That dimension might not have the same laws and boundries we have in our dimension which might enable us to go back in time. Sorry if it's a bit confusing :? But the only thing that's a problem, is that if we hop dimensions we would be killed instantly. We live in the 3rd dimension, we go any higher it introduces new concepts, laws and such which would make our bodiess instantly explode, or suffer some other death.........