----------------------------------- Amailer Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:07 pm awsome effect! ----------------------------------- this is something i always wanted to know how to do (i think) http://www.newtutorials.com/FTmaskingExidge.htm cool huh? ----------------------------------- Delta Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:05 pm ----------------------------------- Ya that is a great effect to do... but it can get time consuming :( otherwise I love it! ----------------------------------- shorthair Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:07 pm ----------------------------------- i used it for a model of mine , and it highlight certain parts of hte model and a green line goes out and gives the definition, its an awsome effect ----------------------------------- Corybu Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:49 pm ----------------------------------- This could be easily acheived by doing the following steps: 1. import the image you wanna do this to. 2. make a new layer, and make it a mask layer. 3. make another new layer, and put it under the mask (Make sure it is indented, otherwise, it is just a layer, and not a masked layer) 4. on the mask layer, draw lines with the brush, not pencil, where you want the 'flash' to be. make the line size 2 or 3. 5. on the masked layer, draw a rectangle either the same height, or a bit taller, as the image you are working with. 6. fill it with a custom colour gradient. make it linear, and have a light colour in the middle, and on each end, a dark colour (use the same colour for the best effect) 7. Convert this rectangle to a movie clip, and tween it. make it move from whichever end you want the flashing to start from, to the other side. For best effects, make the whole thing about 60 frames, and use 30 fps. :) enjoy.