----------------------------------- JSBN Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:19 am Cool Effect That Needs A Name - Tutorial ----------------------------------- NOTE: THE DLS ARE IN REVERS ORDER. THE TOP ONE IS DL#3, THE BOTTOM ONE IS DL#1 umm... well i couldn't think of something to describe this, but is still is pretty cool in the end. So, i present to you: Cool Effect That Needs A Name See DL #1 & #4 for finnished results. STEP - 1 +New->New -Width 150 -Height 62 -Transperant STEP - 2 +Zoom in for easerness.... +and choose a color u want to use(i will refer to the color as george). i used some blue color "#2B405E" +set george to the foreground color and white to the bg color +Fill with whiteness STEP - 3(or 5... depend how u count) +Fill the bottom half using george +rotate 90 CW +press ctrl+I (invert colors for stupid ppl.) +Filters ->wind -Wind -From the Left +press ctrl+F twice (or for ppl on macs, or rather stupid ppl that's redo the filter...twice) +press ctrl+I to un-invert the colors STEP - 398(or for u lamers, STEP - 4) +Filter->Motion Blur -Angle:0 -distance:100 +rotate 90CW +Distort->Polar Cords. -R2P STEP - 5 +Type ur text in (or for mac users, using the type tool, type the text u want to 'use'. i hope that is simple enough) (F.Y.I. I used the font: Forte MT @ 48pt) +make it the same color as george +rastersize ur layer(...Layer->Rastersize->Layer) +press ctrl+I Note: if u used the color that i did, ur text should be orangeish +copy the layer with ur text +apply a gaussian blur of 4.0 on the 'Lower' Layer (interms of layer order) Note: You can also add a G-Blur of 0.5 to the top text layer so that the txt is less rigid Further Reading While you are done, there are alot of things you can change, like for instance, using blak isntead of white (note: if using black for the bgcolor, there is no need to invert). See the second dl for an example. Also when you use black instead of white, if u stop 1/2way. you can get a cool looking BG for w/e. See the 3rd DL for an example. Also note that in the 2nd and 3rd examples, i used the color #7972E5 for george. U should now have some funky looking thing that u could use as an avatar Tell me what u think.