----------------------------------- PHP God Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:01 pm Turings Natural Delay ----------------------------------- process music Music.PlayFile ("song1.mp3") loop Music.PlayFile ("song2.mp3") end loop end music fork music Why is there a giant gaping hole between each time my soundfile is played? ----------------------------------- Tony Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:27 pm ----------------------------------- my guess would be that turing is loading the file somewhere or other. try looping a shorter file with lower sound quality, and see if that reduces the delay. ----------------------------------- Dan Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:40 pm ----------------------------------- i test the flowing code to see if it had anything to do with the loop or fork: Music.PlayFile ("C:\\MYSHAR~1\\NEG_TH~1.mp3") Music.PlayFile ("C:\\MYSHAR~1\\DOT_HACK.mp3") and i found that there was a dealy of less then 6 seconds. may be it has somting to do with the fork, i have had troble with forks and playing files in turing b4. ----------------------------------- PHP God Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:27 am ----------------------------------- The files are about 5 seconds long, and MP3 is as low as I go. As well, if turing were loading it, wouldn't it be stored in memory after playing once? I'm wondering if this can be done in C++ easier, if it is, it makes it more worth learning. ----------------------------------- Dan Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:45 am ----------------------------------- well basick C++ dose not have a comand to play mp3s built in to it. so you whould need to find a libraey file for that or make your own decoder :shock: . but it whould probyl be faster ----------------------------------- PHP God Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:43 am ----------------------------------- what about any kind of sound file? ----------------------------------- Dan Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:49 pm ----------------------------------- to my knogale standered C/C++ dose not come with an libreay to play sound files but i know there are ones out there. ----------------------------------- PHP God Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:11 pm ----------------------------------- Are you dyslexic man, I can't understand a word you say. Someone oughtta code a translator. ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:07 pm ----------------------------------- jeez, it's just Dan speak... maybe it's a good idea to learn it so you could understand what he is talking about? Dan actually gives out good ideas once in a while. and if you seriously can't understand him (well, sucks for you) than here is a translated version: to my knogale standered C/C++ dose not come with an libreay to play sound files but i know there are ones out there. = to my knowledge standard C/C++ does not come with a library to play sound files, but I know there are ones out there. ----------------------------------- PHP God Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:02 pm ----------------------------------- I know man, jk. ----------------------------------- Catalyst Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:34 pm ----------------------------------- if u want to do music in c++ u might want to look into DirectSound or DirectMusic ----------------------------------- Dan Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:55 pm ----------------------------------- Are you dyslexic man... yes :P ----------------------------------- krishon Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:23 pm ----------------------------------- i dun't think fork shuld be a problem...it worked for my game when i used it ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:13 pm ----------------------------------- and if you seriously can't understand him... everyone can understand Dan! check it out: Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:22 pm ----------------------------------- :dance: see, and i allmost all ways get the 1st and last letters right (almost) :multi: ----------------------------------- krishon Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:28 pm ----------------------------------- i understand wut he's sayin in the quote :D ----------------------------------- Mazer Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:41 pm ----------------------------------- yay for dan! all shall bow before him. ----------------------------------- krishon Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:04 pm ----------------------------------- dan must have brain controlled u lol :lol: ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:51 pm ----------------------------------- dan must have brain controlled u lol :lol: OH NO!!!! they are checking on to my evil plan to take over the wrolad using brain contorl enodned in to my spelling :lol: