----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:20 pm Didn't notice it untill now =S ----------------------------------- did u just delete the chat part off your website in V2? :shock: ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:39 pm ----------------------------------- heh, noone was using it... and it sucked too much.. go figure. If you just noticed it, that means we made the right choice :lol: ----------------------------------- krishon Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:43 pm ----------------------------------- hahaha ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:29 pm ----------------------------------- If you just noticed it, that means we made the right choice :lol: when i posted this message i knew if some1 was smart he would tell me this... and appearantly yer smart tony :p but seriously i thought u were gonna add a nice java cchat :? ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:21 pm ----------------------------------- I dont think there's a need for a java chat... I mean its a forum based site already... and we dont have that many people on at same time for it to be of any use... though if people want, we could place a shout-box or something :? ----------------------------------- Dan Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:45 pm ----------------------------------- i was thinking of an IRC chat room for compsci.ca ----------------------------------- Amailer Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:29 pm ----------------------------------- IRC...da best :D ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:20 pm ----------------------------------- sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I think maybe instead of a chat we could have a Shoutbox, like the one I got for my site at: http://paulbian.f2g.net/index2.html ----------------------------------- naoki Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:41 pm ----------------------------------- i was thinking of an IRC chat room for compsci.ca i swear darkness had a topic like this where he set up an IRC chat room but nobody used it. ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:08 pm ----------------------------------- prolly, but a shoutbox is less complicated, and would probably be more effective for random messages... ----------------------------------- Mazer Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:57 am ----------------------------------- How is a shoutbox better than a message board? You still have to refresh all the time if you want to see if there are new messages. With IRC you've got two or more losers with nothing better to do, chatting in real time. And it's on someone else's server. :wink: ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:29 pm ----------------------------------- Ya if anything we whould go with a IRC chat room. PHP based chat rooms and things like that tend to eat up bandwith and when we used to have one no one used it. ----------------------------------- Paul Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:46 pm ----------------------------------- ... I dunno how to work IRC... ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:54 am ----------------------------------- Fortunately, you don't have to. You only really need to learn how to use a client. And actually, you don't really have to learn anything: just enough to get it working. ----------------------------------- templest Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:25 pm ----------------------------------- I second the IRC chatroom idea. I'd idle in it 24/7. 8)