----------------------------------- JayLo Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:29 am Net Explanation please... ----------------------------------- aiyah... reading up on the Net command, don't really understand the Net.WaitForConnection and the Net.OpenConnection commands!! :? well, you guys are the super wizards at turing right? something to put your minds to work at! :P ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:11 am ----------------------------------- ya, we already have a turing chat uploaded to our FTP. ftp://swat@danco.no-ip.com I belive path: Turing/Turing%20Programs/Turing%20Chat/ ----------------------------------- JayLo Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:18 am hehe... ----------------------------------- what's a general protection (segmentation) fault?? I ran your program and that was the error. ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:15 pm ----------------------------------- i think its a problem with your compiler, not the source code. I tested the program and it works fine. ----------------------------------- JayLo Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:12 pm argh... ----------------------------------- probably my firewall... wonder if there's a way to bypass it. ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:17 pm ----------------------------------- ya, you can turn your firewall off :wink: otherwise no, cuz firewall monitors your ports. You have to turn it off. ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:43 pm hummm ----------------------------------- what version of turing are you using, becuse i dont know if it wroks in all of them. ----------------------------------- azndragon Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:34 pm ----------------------------------- Kinda odd how the Turing versions are so different. For example, QFTB works on Turing 3.1.1, but not Turing 4.0.1p, its really odd. ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:37 pm ----------------------------------- thats because v3 and v4 are very different. V4 was rebuild from scratch and its build some different way... and it doesn't have some features that v3 does... :? ----------------------------------- azndragon Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:41 pm ----------------------------------- I like version 4.0 better, because it's colour coded, which makes it A LOT easier to tell what's what. ----------------------------------- Dan Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:21 am hummm ----------------------------------- if you like 4.0 you relay shode upgrade to 4.0.4 you get the colore coding and some help i think plus you can compile. but i will always like 3.0.1 i think i liked the look of the turing app in that one more and i also liiked spiters altho you dont need them in 4.0.1+ ----------------------------------- azndragon Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:54 am ----------------------------------- Well, I actually have 4.0.1p. ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:34 am ----------------------------------- yo dan, as soon as we get reply on those custom DLLs, I'll write you an add-on for Sprites to use in 4.x :wink: ----------------------------------- krishon Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:56 pm ----------------------------------- sweet, could u send the dll's to me too?? i wanna play aorund wit the sprites for 4.04b. that would be sick :D ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:02 pm custom DLLs ----------------------------------- that doesn't have much to do with the Net feature anymore :? but ya... currently me and dan are looking for way to add our own dlls to turing and holtsoft isn't helping much :evil: Though when we figure this one out, we'll have our add-ons available for download. An add-on package development is also one of our ideas. Much like GUI that will allow you to have a whole range of additional functionality, we just want to use C++ instead for higher performance. ----------------------------------- JayLo Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:28 pm lol. ----------------------------------- It's only been a day and there are so many posts!! Man, this site is popular... thanks for the advice, it should work now.