----------------------------------- Amailer Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:47 pm News comments ----------------------------------- Hmm, Ok, i made news comments for my news scripts (on some sites i got) But i don't like them, Why? Because....well i don't know why, but im sure there is a better way then i do it. So could anyone like...some me (if you have made) a comment system for your news? Just so i can get ideas? Also, Could anyone help me to get the SESSION names of the phpBB FORUM ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:33 pm ----------------------------------- are u saving yer news in a database? ----------------------------------- poly Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:53 pm ----------------------------------- ya I was going to post a reply yesterday, but was also confused a little on what this was about ----------------------------------- Amailer Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:59 pm ----------------------------------- are u saving yer news in a database? Oh course i am, I made comment systems already, Just don't like them :? The phpBB session names, I want the names of the sessions used for the login :/ ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:28 pm ----------------------------------- look at the login php document and find out then ... ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:19 am ----------------------------------- I'd say dont waste yer time creating database format and things like that for just news... u can make php write news to a file.. i've never actually tried it but i think it might work... ----------------------------------- Amailer Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:19 am ----------------------------------- Oh no, never. I know you can do that, but i think its the worst. I have to write it into a database, so i can use it for other stuff and etc. ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:24 pm ----------------------------------- I wrote a news script when I was first learning php that writes to text files. it is still possible to use them for other stuff... just more annoying than it would be if a database was used ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:30 pm ----------------------------------- after thinkin bout it a little more i think yer right writing to a file isn't a good idea... I say create a new news table containing text,time,date,sender and everytime u send a new news the date and time will automaticaly be sent and the sender will be the name of the account yer signed in as... i dun think u can have a better news script than that... ----------------------------------- Amailer Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:40 pm ----------------------------------- K and about the phpBB session names..for the login... ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:05 am ----------------------------------- what exactly do you want as far as the session names go? like the session variables? or what? ----------------------------------- Amailer Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:41 am ----------------------------------- The names of them... you know...when you set a session you give it a name.. ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:02 am ----------------------------------- what's a session? :oops: ----------------------------------- Amailer Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:31 am ----------------------------------- what's a session? :oops: http://ca3.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php don't you use it for your login? ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:31 pm ----------------------------------- lol i had no idea this thing even existed... :? ----------------------------------- Amailer Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:44 pm ----------------------------------- ic...well you better use it for your login... ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:05 pm ----------------------------------- what is session anyways? buncha variables that are saved in memory no matter which file yer loading?