----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:32 pm including .css file into html ----------------------------------- how do i do that? ----------------------------------- Amailer Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:37 pm ----------------------------------- including that is ez. ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:06 pm ----------------------------------- this is kinda unrelated... but just a heads up .. in what they're hoping will become the new standard, XHTML (looks like you starting to use it with the / at the end of the tag :P)... all tags will be lower case ... :wink: ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:09 am ----------------------------------- I have no idea what xhtml even is all i wanna do is use css to make my site look little better... ----------------------------------- UBC_Wiskatos Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:24 pm ----------------------------------- this is kinda unrelated... but just a heads up .. in what they're hoping will become the new standard, XHTML (looks like you starting to use it with the / at the end of the tag :P)... all tags will be lower case ... :wink: Also XHTML requires a space, such that not . ----------------------------------- Amailer Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:34 pm ----------------------------------- that was a mistake there should be no / at the end of the tag -.- ----------------------------------- rizzix Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:38 pm ----------------------------------- this is kinda unrelated... but just a heads up .. in what they're hoping will become the new standard, XHTML (looks like you starting to use it with the / at the end of the tag :P)... all tags will be lower case ... :wink: Also XHTML requires a space, such that not . no thats not true! it can be [url=http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.6]here's the proof ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:21 pm ----------------------------------- what's xhtml anyways? ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:55 am ----------------------------------- heh, it's gonna be new standard for websites ... basically HTML but stricter ... for example all tags and attributes are lower case and all attribute values are in quotes ... also all tags must be closed (like instead of just some paragraph ... you now would have some paragraph and instead of just you would have ) so basically it'll force things to be more standardized and force better practises (I always close my paragraph tags any way, because to me it's cleaner .. ) yeah the space before the / is so that it won't screw up browsers that don't have the interpretation for it built in yet ----------------------------------- UBC_Wiskatos Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:52 pm ----------------------------------- this is kinda unrelated... but just a heads up .. in what they're hoping will become the new standard, XHTML (looks like you starting to use it with the / at the end of the tag :P)... all tags will be lower case ... :wink: Also XHTML requires a space, such that not . no thats not true! it can be What the hell, that contradicts the XML standard. ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:04 am ----------------------------------- it needs to have the space so that browsers that don't know what it's there for don't screw up because of it ----------------------------------- rizzix Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:20 pm ----------------------------------- this is kinda unrelated... but just a heads up .. in what they're hoping will become the new standard, XHTML (looks like you starting to use it with the / at the end of the tag :P)... all tags will be lower case ... :wink: Also XHTML requires a space, such that not . no thats not true! it can be What the hell, that contradicts the XML standard. well that actually does not contradict the XML standard.. want some [url=http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-starttags]more proof? here's how the empty tag is defined (u need to know a bit on regex to understand this): '' ----------------------------------- theguru Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:46 pm ----------------------------------- it really doesn't matter which way you do it in xhtml are all the same. i personally don't like xhtml, it takes all the fun out of coding and makes it look more boring ----------------------------------- md Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:16 pm ----------------------------------- Way to bring up a two year old topic... and is not valid xhtml, only and are; isn't even a tag.