----------------------------------- Dan Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:28 pm Server Outage ----------------------------------- For some yet unknow reason our server decied to comit sucied today at 18:56:03 and whould not reboot intill we got some one to go hit it with a bat. It whent back online at 20:02:02. This effected all Computer Science Canada services, sites and user's hosted sites and accounts. As far as i can tell there was no dataloss and everything seems fine now. We will keep looking in to what happened. Edit: What realy sucks about this is we where almost at 200 days of uptime on the server, i guse everything has to crash some time. ----------------------------------- Clayton Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:27 pm RE:Server Outage ----------------------------------- I blame you Dan. It's that fancy new avatar. On topic: Even if we did lose data, you have it all backed up on an external drive anyways don't you? (Or another server or something...) ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:39 pm Re: RE:Server Outage ----------------------------------- On topic: Even if we did lose data, you have it all backed up on an external drive anyways don't you? (Or another server or something...) The data on the server is copyed to a remote server and stroed. However as this takes up alot of bandwith and cpu time, we do not do full back ups constaly so it could roll back a day or two.