----------------------------------- JSBN Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:08 pm Encoding takes too long ----------------------------------- god damn.... This is gunna take me 6hrs. I am going from avi to mpeg2... why mpeg2 u might ask? cause it was the default :? The original file was 750 MB so i figure it will be about 4Cds in the end :? ----------------------------------- Asok Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:20 pm ----------------------------------- um.. jsbn, what are you trying to get accomplished? ----------------------------------- JSBN Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:22 pm ----------------------------------- i am trying to free up space on my computer ----------------------------------- Miyoko Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:24 pm ----------------------------------- I have done quite a bit of video encoding ... infact I have done alot of video encoding! I used to do it for anime subbing. :wink: To answer your question it's 1 cd. Unless you want to change the resolution of the video greater which would lead into stretching the original video. There is no difference between MPG and AVI (Yes! None at all!). An avi can be encoded with a MPG codec, and a MPG can be encoded with all AVI codecs (DivX, Xvid, etc ...). So unless you are changing your video from 320x200 to 640x480. The size shouldn't change very much (depending also on your quality settings). 8) ----------------------------------- JSBN Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:45 pm ----------------------------------- bah! it failed at 25% ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:11 pm ----------------------------------- use tmpegenc :) ----------------------------------- JSBN Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:27 pm ----------------------------------- i am, or atleast now i am. i was doing the first of 2 options at a nice little site called doom9.net the first was DVD2SVCD, now i am using TMPGEnc ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:13 pm ----------------------------------- yeah tmpegenc rocks... it's all I ever use for converting videos (not that I do it much these days... used to do a fair amount though) ----------------------------------- Asok Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:08 am ----------------------------------- i am trying to free up space on my computer It's called DELETE use it! or you can do what I do and have a 180 gig server to stash my pr0n er... data :P ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:38 am ----------------------------------- I dont think that a 180 gig server would do it for JSBN... check out his ever climbing hentai counter :lol: ----------------------------------- JSBN Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:55 am ----------------------------------- .... yeah.. so the end file was just under 3x it's original size. so whoever told me it would stay the same lied. at this, it would have taken me 3 Cds atleast. ----------------------------------- Asok Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:54 pm ----------------------------------- JSBN... FORMAT NOW PLZ K THX ----------------------------------- JSBN Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:03 pm ----------------------------------- Never! ----------------------------------- Asok Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:54 pm ----------------------------------- ok whatever, it's not my shitty system. ----------------------------------- JSBN Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:16 pm ----------------------------------- damn strait