----------------------------------- Dan Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:19 pm Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- I need some peoleop with nothing to do at 3pm on the 10th of october to do a test run on the DWITE contest system. Any one can be in the beta test as long as they are willing to give up some time at that date and time, can fallow inscutrctions and will give feedback about what they saw. If you whont to help test: 1. sign up for a DWITE acount if you do not allready have one: http://dwite.org 2. Post your DWITE user name here. 3. On the 10th, login to your account and go to the ContestCP at 3pm 4. Do the contest! I will make a beta tester team and a beta test contest and at 3pm on the 10th (wendsday) go to http://dwite.org and login and go to the ContestCP. At exctaly 3pm EST the contest will be dispalyed and you can try it out. This is only ment to be a test so the questions will be exteramly simple like "output 1, 2, 3 in a file". If you have any comments or questions post them here! Edit: I am going to have it run for 3 hours just like the real one so you can be there any time from 3pm to befor 6pm. Also if you whont to join could you also post what langue you will be using. ----------------------------------- CodeMonkey2000 Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:26 pm RE:Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- I will try to be on that day. My user name is Codemonkey. ----------------------------------- Saad Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:39 pm RE:Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- I'm in, my user name is Saad, i'll be using c++ ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:52 pm RE:Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- Me too - Tony ;) ----------------------------------- Naveg Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:17 pm RE:Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- I'm in - Naveg I can use any of C/C++, Java, Turing, Python ----------------------------------- zylum Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:21 am RE:Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- I'm down ;) Just one thing, when I tried adding my school, the form kept giving me problems with the email I was entering (invalid email). So in the end I just entered an independent team. btw I tried the emails dcs-office@cs.toronto.edu, sfranca@cs.toronto.edu and sfranca@toronto.edu but none of them seemed to work. ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:47 pm RE:Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- I will look in to that zylum, however there is no need to make a team for the beta test. I have made speshal beta teams for all of you. Only beta teams can write the beta contest. I have also force joined your accounts to thess teams. You can see them in your TeamCP (don't leave them or you can not get back in your self). Closer to 3pm tomore a beta contest will show up as well as the link to the ContestCP. ----------------------------------- CodeMonkey2000 Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:09 pm RE:Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- I get home at 4-4:15. Can you move the time? ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:26 pm RE:Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- Well it is going to run for 3 hours and the questions are hardly chalaging so you should be able to partistpate. ----------------------------------- Nick Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:42 am RE:Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- woot im in as momop lol anyways ill be using turing for a lack of another language ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:20 am Re: Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- The fallowing langues will be supported for the beta test: Java (.java file) Turing 3.x to 4.1 (.t file) C (.c) - gcc C++ (.cpp) - g++ Ruby 1.8.6 (.rb) Perl 5.8.8 (.pl) Python (.py) PHP 5.2.4 (.php) Pascal (.pas) - gpc 3.4.4 VC++ (.cpp) - 2005 Express Edition VB (.vb) - Visual Basic 2005 Express C# (.cs) - Visual C# 2005 Compiler J# (.java) - Visual J# 2005 Express I seem to have lost my DOS Turing complier, witch is not good but if the Turing 3.x to 4.1 hack works right it will not be a problem. I can't get a copy of VB6, hopfully VB 2005 will work in it's place (i don't know VB so i am not shure if VB 2005 is backwords comabtable or not). I am working on geting delphi set up (dose any one even use this langue?). ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:45 am RE:Beta Testers Needed! ----------------------------------- When the contest starts, beta tests can join me in #dwite.org so they can report problems or just let me know how it is going. I will also be on msn.