----------------------------------- Archi Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:19 pm Frame Type Window? ----------------------------------- Is there any way to make the window that my game is in like a frame?? So I can have stats always refreshing at the top and all the action to the bottom? ----------------------------------- Asok Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:47 pm ----------------------------------- um.. that's just part of the design process, there is nothing new or different about that just where you draw it. ----------------------------------- Archi Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:25 am ----------------------------------- So there's no way to create tables?? I'll have to use locate to put everything where i want it? ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:32 am ----------------------------------- no not really, u can have textfields go in turing type GUI.CreateTextField then press F9 to see an example ----------------------------------- Blade Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:25 am ----------------------------------- lol, just make a procedure that draws everything, then call it in your game loop, not hard to do procedure draw %draw all your stuff end draw loop draw View.Update cls end loop you have to draw it once, so yeah, just use a procedure... ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:21 pm ----------------------------------- no blade he doesn't want to use locate, so GUI.CreateTextField is his best bet ----------------------------------- Archi Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:49 pm ----------------------------------- Now by doing that...Can I signify which info goes where??? Like make a textbox for the exploring/battling area and another for the stats area?? ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:05 pm ----------------------------------- Now by doing that...Can I signify which info goes where??? Like make a textbox for the exploring/battling area and another for the stats area?? no actually, as logical as that would be... if you have multiple text areas in turing, any text put to any one of them will randomly appear in any of them... (kinda a silly question to ask don't you think? instead of just asking us to write your program for you, please do a bit of research on your own.) ----------------------------------- Andy Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:36 am ----------------------------------- no actually paddylong ur wrong, with the GUI.TextField, if you want to input data into a specific text field, you simply have to click on that one and the cursor would blink there. ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:28 pm ----------------------------------- umm... GUI.SetText ? not unless I misunderstood the question ----------------------------------- Andy Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:43 pm ----------------------------------- well since you have to specify the WidgetID of the textbox, i think it would appear in the one you want ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:12 pm ----------------------------------- lol I dunno if you caught onto the sarcasm of my post about it putting the text in random text boxes there dodge... (maybe that whole thing of not reading entire posts :P)