----------------------------------- heythere Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:05 pm Empty function ----------------------------------- Is the empty function used to end a process ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:13 pm ----------------------------------- what what what? empty function, elaborate please. and no, process are ended either by a flag, or by return ----------------------------------- Andy Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:37 am ----------------------------------- no meng he meant empty, the function even though its not a function but oh well and how do u end a process with a flag? u have to return don't u? ----------------------------------- naoki Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:40 am ----------------------------------- from what i've read, the empty function sorta checks if any processes are running. but it's kinda complicated, because u have 2 set variables in each process 2 relate 2 the condition variable, then u have 2 use the wait command b4 u use empty putting return in a process will end it, and it works in if statements. it's prolly the way u want 2 go ----------------------------------- Andy Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:46 am ----------------------------------- hmmm when did noaoki become the smart? ----------------------------------- hello Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:49 am ----------------------------------- he isnt we were having that trouble with it too because we wanted teh process to end just as a proc ended so we looked up empty well u need a boolean and i guess when its true it doesnt tell the process to end when its false the empty ends the thing ----------------------------------- heythere Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:53 am ----------------------------------- ok... well i will go with naokis idea but can someone epxand on it so u have a boolean flag that will tell the process to end? ----------------------------------- naoki Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:10 pm ----------------------------------- well i don't feel like trying but i remember a while back when hello and i were working on our game i tried using empty. apparently, a condition variable ISN'T a boolean variable. I tried constant variables too, but no go. or it could be, and i'm just an idiot. hope not. neways try the tutorials, someone might've tried posting something about the whole wait, empty, signal commands.