----------------------------------- JSBN Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:31 am Custom GUI ----------------------------------- Yes, I Do realize that there is a tutorial, but it didn't tackle my problem. OK Here it is: I have TextFeilds. And i want their background color(usually white) to be blue. I have tried many different things and edited TEXTFLD.tu many times, and i found that there was no result in my actions. At one point i even tried deleting the file, yet the bloody text feilds still drew themselves in white. If some1 could shed some light on me delemma, i would appreciate it. thx, JSBN ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:58 pm ----------------------------------- you were looking in the wrong file :lol: go to TextFieldClass.tu, scroll down to procedure DrawText if colourbg = black and backgroundColour not= colourbg then Draw.FillBox (x1, y1, x2, y2, blue)%brightwhite) else Draw.FillBox (x1, y1, x2, y2, blue)% colourbg) end if View.ClipSet (x1, y1, x2, y2) Font.Draw (text, x1 - xOffset, y1 + fontDescent, textFontID, foregroundColour) View.ClipOff end DrawText Thouse are the Draw.FillBox commands that draw your box... Oh, also if you change the value of foregroundColor you'll be able to have font of a different color to display nicely on blue (black on blue sucks). Enjoy ----------------------------------- JSBN Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:04 pm ----------------------------------- Works perfectly! THX alot tony ----------------------------------- Asok Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:36 pm ----------------------------------- JSBN, it doesn't work in the version you sent me today. editing those externals will only work on your machine. (it'll work in an exe because it packs the externals in it) if it's working on your box, make it an exe and send it to me. ----------------------------------- JSBN Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:31 pm ----------------------------------- Yea, i'll send u my edited file. U gotta wait tho, i am in a cyber cafe right now :/