----------------------------------- DarkHelmet Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:02 pm Monopoly ----------------------------------- here's my final project from last semester. I'm not posting any source code yet, because some people still have exams to write, and final projects, so i'm only putting it in .exe form right now. i might post source code later. opinions would be appreciated, and if i have forgotten any files, please tell me so i can get them on as soon as possible. ----------------------------------- hello Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:09 pm ----------------------------------- where is it?? its not there i cant downloaded ----------------------------------- JayLo Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:11 pm ----------------------------------- just click on it. :? there's the zip file. i d/l fine. ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:11 pm ----------------------------------- nicely done, could've done some more graphics, i'll tell my friend to post his, its really good, nywayz, for a grade 10 you should get over perfect, but if ur grade 11, u should get around 85% and if ur in grade 12 compsci, u fail... but its pretty good ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:37 pm ----------------------------------- I made monopoly in grade 10 too... here's mine (no fancy gui or that stuff though) ----------------------------------- DarkHelmet Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:58 am ----------------------------------- it took me over 6000 lines of coding to program that, and I got 95% on it. ----------------------------------- DarkHelmet Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:03 am ----------------------------------- unfortunately, the coding crashes the program after a while, but it isn't a mistake i made in the coding. there's this weird thing where after so many turns all of the fonts change, then the program crashes shortly after. i'm gonna try to fix it, somehow. if i do, i'll repost. ----------------------------------- Andy Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:37 am ----------------------------------- it took me over 6000 lines of coding to program that, and I got 95% on it. well if it took you over 6000 lines, you must've sucked cause that's very inefficent ----------------------------------- krishon Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:43 am ----------------------------------- lol..it depends on the teacher..cuz they can mark hard or ez ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:46 am ----------------------------------- and I thought mine was bad at just under 3000 lines :/ of course if I was to write that now it would definately be OO ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:48 pm ----------------------------------- it took me over 6000 lines of coding to program that, and I got 95% on it. wow... well you see... I wrote monopoly for my friend over the weekend... just under 500 lines and she got 33/35 on it. Thats 94% I think. Grade 11 compsci final project... Go figure :? ----------------------------------- JayLo Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:13 pm ----------------------------------- well... some teachers don't even look at the code... to them it's like "as long as the kid's project works, i don't have to look at code..." so lazy. ----------------------------------- DarkHelmet Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:28 pm ----------------------------------- if i'd tried to write monopoly in less than five hundred lines, my teacher probably would have failed me. though a lot of the coding is for the graphics, and writing information to files (my teacher insisted we had to use text files). ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:50 pm ----------------------------------- could be... I just loaded all graphics from bmps. Less code and looks better :D ----------------------------------- Mephi Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:50 pm ----------------------------------- mebbe yur program crashed cuz u dun use Font.Free enuff....tryin puttin in some of those ----------------------------------- JayLo Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:56 pm ----------------------------------- Font.Free only frees up memory, i don't understand why if you're still using it in the program... is the source code up? ----------------------------------- Mephi Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:58 pm ----------------------------------- but sumtimes it mite go like cannot do sumthin max 1000 or sumthin...it duz that fur pictures...and i used Pic.Free and it helped...my program duznt crash nemore...neva had my program crash cuz of a font, but i use Font.Free just in case... ----------------------------------- JayLo Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:00 pm ----------------------------------- just in case? wouldn't that be useless code? ----------------------------------- Andy Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:21 pm ----------------------------------- yepp useless programming, every teacher loves that, and the ram occupied by the font is next to nothing, so unless u have a crap ass comp with 8 mb of ram, dun even bother for a game like monopoly ----------------------------------- JayLo Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:22 pm ----------------------------------- lol 500 lines of code + 6000 lines of comments. ----------------------------------- Andy Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:38 pm ----------------------------------- lol if some one does that, they dun deserve to live, that's like a paragraph for every line loop %this starts a loop, it never stops and goes on forever until an exit %statement is given, it is similar to a for loop but it is not since a for loop %only goes for a certain number of times. to finish the loop you have to %tyep end loop. loops turn bold when you type it because it is very useful ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:56 pm ----------------------------------- lol there was a guy in my programming class who did stuff like that... commented like every command to explain the concept of what the command does... he also pretty much got the teacher to write his programs for him... the worst part is is that he is actually continuing on with programming in university :/ oh well, not my problem ----------------------------------- JayLo Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:49 pm ----------------------------------- dodge, couldn't you comment a paragraph with /* comments */? this way you could type as much as you want with only one comment thing. but good point. ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:51 pm ----------------------------------- lol I doubt the kind of person who would comment every command like that would use something as useful as the /* */ comment :P ----------------------------------- krishon Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:57 am ----------------------------------- isn't that for c++? or does it work in turing as well ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:07 am ----------------------------------- it works in turing as well... as well as many other languages ----------------------------------- krishon Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:11 am ----------------------------------- ic ----------------------------------- heythere Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:44 am ----------------------------------- hey this is good