----------------------------------- xHoly-Divinity Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:07 am Playing .avi on a webpage ----------------------------------- What is the code for making an avi play on a webpage. Kind of like Youtube, where you don't have to download anything, it just plays 'live' on the page. Thanks :) ----------------------------------- xHoly-Divinity Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:17 am ----------------------------------- Streaming! That's the word i'm lookin for :D . How would I 'stream' something on a webpage? ----------------------------------- [Gandalf] Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:43 pm ----------------------------------- You'll want to look into embedding. ;) ----------------------------------- xHoly-Divinity Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:18 pm ----------------------------------- K, gandalf, i got it working... one thing though.. Because the file i have is fairly large, it takes a good 10-15min to upload from the location, and during this time the screen on the player is blank. How do I make it play and buffer simultaneously? Thanks ----------------------------------- md Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:45 pm ----------------------------------- I'm not entirely sure you can. Depending on the plugin used to view the embedded content on the clients machine it can buffer/play/simply save however it wants. ----------------------------------- xHoly-Divinity Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:40 pm ----------------------------------- hmm... well when I watch diff clips, it'll say 'buffering' on some and it'll show the bar how much it has buffered. Then on my file, it won't show it