----------------------------------- Prince Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:22 am better language ----------------------------------- i was thinkin of teaching myself a new programming language this summer so i was jus wonderin which one is eaiser to learn but still good to work with ----------------------------------- Andy Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:11 pm ----------------------------------- java's crap ppl, c++ is soooo much better ----------------------------------- Catalyst Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:45 pm ----------------------------------- c++ is the greatest (visual c++ isnt a language) all of c is in c++ java has similar syntax(nearly identical)to c++ but the ideology is completely different vb is good for apps (thats about it) never tried C# (i think its part of the .Net framework) ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:06 pm ----------------------------------- well... i say depends on what your doing... PHP/CGI/Perl is for webdesigning... Java is good for networking and c++ is good for game making and alotta other stuff... u cant really say which one's better...=/ ----------------------------------- Prince Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:35 pm ----------------------------------- well im supposed to b learning java in gr 12 comp sci nex year (hopefully) so i wanted to read up on it so i could start off a lil bit ahead of the class... but since im hearin (and seeing) more good things about c++ i guess ill pick that up over the summer... thnx alot for ur input :D ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:57 pm ----------------------------------- its nice to know all the major languages (C++, Java and VB) Each has its own advantage. ----------------------------------- Dan Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:27 am ----------------------------------- you cant realy compare some of those, most of them are good. as tonys says it is better to know more then one. also i bivel it is more import to know the progming conspets then the languge. ----------------------------------- Tony Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:07 am ----------------------------------- something school systems fail to realize. Cuz every time they teach same things but with different syntax. I'm serious... In my years of learning Turing, VB and C++ I was getting identical assignments... seriosly, grade 12, C++... teacher tries to explain the consept of using forloops :? ----------------------------------- JSBN Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:31 am ----------------------------------- I like turing the best! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ----------------------------------- Andy Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:47 pm ----------------------------------- JSBN, i think all those hentai is getting to u... turing sux crap ----------------------------------- krishon Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:59 pm ----------------------------------- lol, dodge speaks on behalf of all of us :D