----------------------------------- inferno19 Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:23 am Anyone know why this is happening? ----------------------------------- I'm trying to run Turing 3.81 from home, and suddenly it gives me this error every time I start it. Something to the effect of 'Segmentation Error'. So, I downloaded 4.0 off Kazaa, but since I wrote most of my prog at school, the libraries don't support some of the code. So, I need 3.81 to work, and I'm thinking the problem is in the installer file. If anyone could assist me somehow, whether it be pointing me to a good .exe or whatever, it would be greatly appreciated. ----------------------------------- inferno19 Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:26 am ----------------------------------- More details... It's a "General Protection (Segmentation) Fault", and the WinOOT version is 3.1A. ----------------------------------- Blade Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:30 am ----------------------------------- one thing i've learnt from ppl posting these things in the past... swat doesnt support or promote piracy of software... ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:50 am ----------------------------------- it might have something to do with the startup setting files :? Like if they would contain an invalid value or something. I dont see how you're having problems transfering your code from 3.1 to 4.0 :? The only "library" turing ever uses is GUI and I think that in v4 it is located in another folder. So you just have to change that one line. ----------------------------------- Grey_Wolf Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:45 pm ----------------------------------- he's probably trying to use those damn sprites. Anyway why don't you just download the old turing of kazaa the one you have is probably screwed up. ----------------------------------- GOLDEN WEAPON Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:11 pm ----------------------------------- actually there are a few versions of Turing on the Toronto District School Board site for free. I got 4.01 from there and it works fine. I forget the exact addy though so do some searching ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:23 pm ----------------------------------- here, since i'm such an nice guy, here's the site to download turing 4.01p http://schools.tdsb.on.ca/dmthomson/CS/Turing/basics.html just scroll to the very bottom once u have that go to this site to download the latest patch http://www.holtsoft.com/turing/support/ ----------------------------------- GOLDEN WEAPON Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:56 pm ----------------------------------- is it just me or is that the same site twice? ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:04 pm ----------------------------------- sry to break it to ya kiddo, but its just u lol i'm juss playing, ya sry, apprently i missed while trying to plress Ctrl-C ----------------------------------- inferno19 Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:33 pm Fixed. ----------------------------------- OK. I fixed it. Turned out to be something completely different. Since I'm running XP, it has all these compatability options that you can enable to have things run better. Anywho, it turns out that running WindowsBlinds XP (a skinning app) will cause the GPF. Kinda strange, I think. Anywho, thank you guys for your help, though.