----------------------------------- PHP God Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:34 pm Procedures ----------------------------------- Ive seen procedures wher you can put brackets after. IE textGreen ("My green text") the procedure can take something after it and alter it. How is this done and could sum1 explain what all the things mean. It would help me alot. I'm trying to write a program with ALERT boxes, so when I go alert ("my alert message here") it displays it in a box with an OK button. ----------------------------------- bugzpodder Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:41 pm ----------------------------------- in the future versions of turing, all you have to do is GUI.Alert ----------------------------------- Andy Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:39 pm ----------------------------------- jack i think he's asking about how parameters work when you have a procedure followed by the brackets, the procedure is given parameters, inorder to run the procedure, you have to input data into it. proc word(word:string) put word end word in the above code, inorder to run the procedure word, a string have to be inserted in to the procedure. to run the procedure you'll have to do this put word("hi") in the procedure, word is a constant and cannot be changed, inorder to change it, you'll have to put a var infront of it proc increase(var num:int) num+=1 end increse This increases the variable you put in the procedure by 1 var number:string:=2 increase(number) put number the output will be 2 ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:06 pm ----------------------------------- it doesn't work... for some reason GUI.Alert doesn't work or at least on my computer...=/ ----------------------------------- Andy Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:10 pm ----------------------------------- ya it doesn't work stupid holt soft ppl ----------------------------------- Mephi Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:51 pm ----------------------------------- is proc the same as procedure? ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:05 pm ----------------------------------- but u could create a custom one by opening a window giving a message and putting a gui button in the middle if u really need to use it...=/ ----------------------------------- void Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:49 am ----------------------------------- i think so..ive never seen any difference in the way the function... ----------------------------------- Andy Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:59 pm ----------------------------------- ya proc is the same as procedure just as fcn is the same as function ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:51 pm ----------------------------------- is there one for process, what about short form for other commands? ----------------------------------- Andy Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:24 pm ----------------------------------- meng, ur so damn lazy, how many processes do u have?