----------------------------------- Prince Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:19 am using strintok ----------------------------------- ok for one part of my program im trying to check if a letter is entered instead of a number... i tried using strintok but it doesnt seem to b workin properly so any suggestions on how i should b usin it :?... if u need the code jus ask ----------------------------------- tum_twish Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:51 am ----------------------------------- post the code plz ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:06 am ----------------------------------- if you're making sure that they enter a number for input use something like this.... var tempinput : string var someint : int loop put "enter the number" get tempinput exit when strintok (tempinput) end loop someint := strint (tempinput) you could also add some more conditions to the exit statement on the loop... like say you wanted the number to be between 5 and 10 or something your exit statement would look something like exit when strintok (tempinput) and strint (tempinput) >= 5 and strint (tempinput)