----------------------------------- wtd Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:33 pm Desktops - March/April 2006 ----------------------------------- Been stuck in Windows for a bit ----------------------------------- Mazer Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:54 pm ----------------------------------- I did some windows work too, but I haven't taken a screenshot of that yet. [url=http://socr.uwindsor.ca/~coutso1/other_stuff/desktops/ubuntu_desktop_04_06.jpg]Ubuntu desktop ----------------------------------- md Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:22 pm ----------------------------------- Ooo, vista... looks like nice eye candy. My desktop is still the same as it was last month though; why change a good thing? **same, but gnome 2.14 now :D ----------------------------------- timmytheturtle Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:52 pm ----------------------------------- Here's mine on Ubuntu "Dapper Drake" using gnome 2.14 http://timmytheturtle.googlepages.com/compsci_april06_screenshot_thumb.png ----------------------------------- wtd Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:21 am ----------------------------------- So... Dapper users... why no Deskbar applet usage? ----------------------------------- timmytheturtle Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:55 am ----------------------------------- So... Dapper users... why no Deskbar applet usage? I don't really have a use for it. I wouldnt use it to programs (have you see my top panel? it's full of my commonly used programs, and I prefer to click an icon once, then type it's name). I don't use a mail client to check my email, so no need for that extension. I have lots of local places bookmarked in my Places menu, so no need for it to open files/folders. I generally have Opera open when I'm on the computer, so I dont need it's web search function. I don't need it to open Disks or network places. So untill I find some usefull extensions, I won't be using it. ----------------------------------- Mazer Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:13 am ----------------------------------- I have yet to try it. Actually, I'm pretty sure there are alot of things I need to try. So far I've been trying to get my desktop back to how it was in Breezy and from there just doing my regular computing stuff. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:30 pm ----------------------------------- A few of you have seen one of my screenshots from sometime last month. The only thing that has changed since is the window boarder (now it's Gentleman). Should post it anyways. I like it. :) [url=http://cervantes.compsci.ca/images/screenshots/2006%20April.png]Ubuntu Desktop Mazer: Nice! Is that image GIMP'ed? ----------------------------------- Mazer Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:47 am ----------------------------------- You didn't see the Musashi theme in your profile? I don't know how long ago it was added but hey, it's not blue. Excellent choice of browser content, btw :wink: ----------------------------------- zylum Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:42 pm ----------------------------------- You didn't see the Musashi theme in your profile? I don't know how long ago it was added but hey, it's not blue. what??? i onle have appalacia and hello kitty :x ----------------------------------- Cervantes Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:17 pm ----------------------------------- You need to buy new themes with bits. ;) ----------------------------------- [Gandalf] Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:37 pm ----------------------------------- You need to buy new themes with bits. ;) Lies!!! Though it is a decent idea for V3... ----------------------------------- Delos Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:04 pm ----------------------------------- I need a distraction. So here's my current desktop. Made in the GIMP. Comments? Edit: Oh yeah, don't put your monitors up too bright - you will see a lot of blocking in the pic on the right. This is simply due to the quality of the video from which it was taken. I am not knowledgeable enough as of yet to fix this satisfactorily. ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:54 pm ----------------------------------- gosh delos.. you're so fob! unless you're korean.. are you korean? ----------------------------------- Delos Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:51 pm ----------------------------------- Ha! No, I'm just confused :lol:. My friend sent me this video a couple weeks ago - absolutely loved it. I actually do understand quite a few bits of Japanese now...although most of my azn friends are Cantonese. Really not that many people from Nippon at Mac. Anyhow, that's besides the point. The video was awsome artestry, it doesn't matter what language it was in. Compelling, really...