----------------------------------- do_pete Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:21 am [FP] Overhead Shooter ----------------------------------- This is my final project. The music was taken from the Rainbow Six sountdtrack. The function FindAngle is a modified version of the function GETANGLE from the program "Space Combat - AI.t" made by Bored. It's an overhead shooter. The controls are: Movement - Arrow keys Fire - Ctrl Reload - Enter -a description of what it is exactly that your project does It is an overhead shooter where you walk around and shoot enemies. -a description of your programming experience (if somebody who's finishing grade 12 computer science hands in a buggy version of pong, I'm going to laugh at them. If someone in grade 10 hands in the same program, that's a different story entirely.) I'm in grade 10 and I just started using Turing in September -a list of all of the features of your program Has random blood splatters when you hit an enemy. -a list of any known bugs in the program (be honest This can actually make you a better programmer) The AI is glitchy, dead bodies can sometimes randomly disappear, the longer you play the slower it gets because of the amount of blood. -any features that you plan(ed) to add. I plan to completely redo the entire thing to make it easier to read and so that it runs faster. I also plan to add multiplayer, 2D particle engine for explosions, GUI, actual missions, and a completely different AI. Please feel free to make comments and suggestions. ----------------------------------- Albrecd Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:35 pm ----------------------------------- Amazing! I think you should start the player farther away from the enemies... And a strafe button would be cool... But it's Amazing! ----------------------------------- sylvester-27 Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:36 pm ----------------------------------- albrecd...y did u say horrible. its pretty good. u voted horrible but you said amazing? you are a very weird person. and yes, a strafe button would be very cool ----------------------------------- Rasta Fella Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:35 pm ----------------------------------- Great Game...AI could use improvement and game does get slower but it still runs fine..Better GUI and your on a roll. You should continue this and make a newer version. ----------------------------------- Mr. T Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:37 am Alex's Opinion ----------------------------------- Says the file is corrupt. :? ----------------------------------- Rasta Fella Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:41 am ----------------------------------- Nope not for me file seems fine... ----------------------------------- do_pete Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:11 am ----------------------------------- No, it's not corrupt. For some reason it sometimes stops downloading after 1.88 mb ----------------------------------- blaster009 Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:53 pm ----------------------------------- I got the same error ----------------------------------- iker Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:44 pm ----------------------------------- Same here, realy wish it worked... but I'm using FreshDownload, so that might be the problem... ----------------------------------- Bored Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:36 pm Re: [FP] Overhead Shooter ----------------------------------- The function FindAngle is a modified version of the function GETANGLE from the program "Space Combat - AI.t" made by Bored. Well that function was a modified version fo a function I received on these forums. I beleive it was zylum's coding but i could be wrong. Good game, the ai was good but could use some work and be made more inacurate to allow for a longer game. As for gameplay, it's quite fun just a little slow. I voted average by acident when I meant to vote good so please remember that when counting the votes whoever is doing so. ----------------------------------- blaster009 Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:32 pm ----------------------------------- ---Post retracted--- ;) ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:35 pm ----------------------------------- Consdering this is for a contest that has not ended yet i think it is very vaild to be posting in it. This reminds me that we have to juge thess things soonish... ----------------------------------- blaster009 Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:34 pm ----------------------------------- You're right...Post retracted. I'm itching to see what people thought of my game. :) Also, very good game. I voted "good" though, because I almost couldn't get away at the very beginning. No matter what I do, I die almost immediately. ----------------------------------- MysticVegeta Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:21 pm ----------------------------------- Good graphics and all but to die in this game is pretty easy, and how do we restart it? I have to close the exe and start again, maybe adding a play again would help, also make the AI a little less weak perhaps? And a different color for the players army men would help cause hard to differenciate which player I am. ----------------------------------- the_short1 Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:11 pm ----------------------------------- Overall, good job. I really like how you broke down the code into sections, very well commented, and organized. [claps] One suggestion: Music.PlayFileReturn or Music.PlayFileLoop (must have version 4.0.5) to avoid the ugly forked process which eats CPU....(it ran kind of slow on my p3)... ----------------------------------- upthescale Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:49 pm ----------------------------------- Good graphics and all but to die in this game is pretty easy, and how do we restart it? I have to close the exe and start again, maybe adding a play again would help, also make the AI a little less weak perhaps? And a different color for the players army men would help cause hard to differenciate which player I am. yes indded you are ture, but an amazing game over all