----------------------------------- B-MAN Thu May 29, 2003 8:46 am Top Scrolling RPG ----------------------------------- i'm working on an rpg for my culminating activity, i've got the battle procedures worked out(quite exhausting) but i need a way to make the map scroll on an overhead map, it's due in 2 weeks so please try to help asap!!! ----------------------------------- Tony Thu May 29, 2003 9:47 am ----------------------------------- you should draw the map in relation to player's position, so the player is always seen in the middle of the screen. So basically when player goes down by 1, map moves up by 1. ----------------------------------- B-MAN Thu May 29, 2003 11:46 am ----------------------------------- oOo, ok, but how would you redraw the map with each move so that the character would still be in the center but in a different position overall on the map? ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Thu May 29, 2003 1:39 pm ----------------------------------- well let's see: player.x player.y map.x map.y player.x+1 results in map.x+1 player.x-1 results in map.x-1 player.y-1 results in map.y+1 player.y+1 results in map.y+1 drawmap(map.x,map.y) drawplayer(320,200) ----------------------------------- B-MAN Fri May 30, 2003 12:15 pm ----------------------------------- Thanks, now it's working i'll put it up when i'm finished