----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 6:58 pm Homer's 3D engine (added the source code) ----------------------------------- well here it is homer's 3D engine ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 6:59 pm ----------------------------------- woot :D you got to love the ship (where did i get that model...) ----------------------------------- JSBN Wed May 28, 2003 7:00 pm ----------------------------------- that my friend, is sick... ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 7:02 pm ----------------------------------- i think this would be the 5th 3d engine ive seen made in turing ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 7:03 pm ----------------------------------- here's a shaded version of homer 3d engine... well sorta Note: copy this file to the directory that u copied spike.arf ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 7:04 pm ----------------------------------- edit nvr mind ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 7:04 pm ----------------------------------- this one's sorta like heat detection camera view download it u'll see what i mean... and it has to be copied to the same directory as spike.arf ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 7:05 pm ----------------------------------- nvr mind ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 7:06 pm ----------------------------------- you got to love the ship (where did i get that model...) what does that mean?! ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 7:06 pm ----------------------------------- and here's spike.arf if i didn't attach it... and btw i made an engine catalyst made one who's engines were the other 5? ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 7:07 pm ----------------------------------- that was the model you posted over at the contest i used that model to test every version of my engine ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 7:08 pm ----------------------------------- r u using a distance based algorithm for those demos? it looks similar to my old lighting model ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 7:10 pm ----------------------------------- these r the engines ive seen: the first 2 were wireframe only rapscalls had vsd and culling 1- from a holdsoft gfx contest 2- frank on the ooturing forums 3- rapscallion on this forum and ooturing 4- my 3d engine :D 5- you ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 7:15 pm ----------------------------------- well u never realeased the code for lighting version of engine... and i have no idea how it worked mine is based on distanse between point 0,0,0 and the center of eachpolygon... i dont even know if it's the proper way of lighting coz i never had any tutorials... i only started making the engine knowing: drawdot(x/z,y/z,color) and the engine model i only used in my first version of engine wanted it to be original so i used my own model in other one's btw i'll release the code soon... ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 7:16 pm ----------------------------------- that my friend, is sick... what's sick? ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 7:17 pm ----------------------------------- i wasnt accusing you of copying... i was wondering if we used the same method mine was very similar except instead of 0,0,0 i used the camera ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 7:19 pm ----------------------------------- well in my case 0,0,0 is camera lol... hmmm... u know what i'm thinking of... texturing...!!! but then again turing's too slow... but...it might be worth a shot what do u thinkl? ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 7:24 pm ----------------------------------- its worth a shot youll prob be able to get double the fps of my psuedo textures if u do it the real way (which will leave you with a whopping 4 fps) ----------------------------------- JSBN Wed May 28, 2003 7:29 pm ----------------------------------- u guys are rocking, this stuff blows my mind. Thx for trying to kill me :) wow 4fps, don't go too fast now... :lol: ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 7:29 pm ----------------------------------- what's the real way... =/ where do u get all these tutorials from?! ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 7:35 pm ----------------------------------- i initialized a bunch of particles to and image to simulate a texture the real way is to interpolate between the vertices of a quad to generate screen coors (saves a lot of overhead in rotations calcs) ----------------------------------- Dan Wed May 28, 2003 7:40 pm ----------------------------------- if any one cares i am wroking on a 3d engion for dos c++ (Turbo C++ dos verions). rigth now i got loading of raw files and arf with all the color wroking. there are a lot of bugs i need to wrok out tho, dos dose not wrok great with graficks, lol. ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 7:43 pm ----------------------------------- dan is turbo c++ faster than turing cuz if it is i'm good at dos programming i could just translate mine in pascal or c ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 7:55 pm ----------------------------------- dan could you tell where to get dos c++ ( i already know c++) ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 8:02 pm ----------------------------------- i think this is the one he's using http://www.programmersheaven.com/search/Download.asp?FileID=6619 edited or maybe this is the one http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,21751,00.html ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 8:16 pm ----------------------------------- :D i got it working this is so old (in a good way) it has windows made from characters ----------------------------------- Dan Wed May 28, 2003 9:09 pm ----------------------------------- :D i got it working this is so old (in a good way) it has windows made from characters and this is what my school makes me use, the dam thing crashs so many times!!!! today in school it crashed over 50 times and 10 of those rebooted my computer! ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 9:13 pm ----------------------------------- lol i used to use the exact same program except that it was called turbo pascal... lol it would crash if u would make an array of a big size like 1000 but i still think that that was more powerful than turing since u could create any procedure u want using assembly or other built in things... ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sat May 31, 2003 12:16 am ----------------------------------- ok here's the source... and here's how it is used: there are 5 procedures and 2 objects u should know about in order to use the engine proceudres are: loadarf(filename) > loads arf files loadraw(filename,number of lines) >loads raw files moveobject(command string,amount) > does the rotating and relocating of the object command string can be"xy","xz","yz" for rotations or "x","y","z" for relocating movecamera(command string,amount) does the rotating and relocating of the camera command string can be"xy","xz","yz" for rotations or "x","y","z" for relocating drawobject(color1,color2,method) color1 is the fill color color 2 is the border color method is the way the object is drawn(shaded,colored,empty,...) u can enter 1,2,3,4 for method ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sat May 31, 2003 12:19 am ----------------------------------- and here's what i use to convert raw to arf: proc convertarf (filename : string, lines : int) var file, file2 : int var x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2, x3, y3, z3 : real var col : int := 16 open : file, filename + ".raw", get open : file2, filename + ".arf", write for i : 1 .. lines get : file, x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2, x3, y3, z3 if i mod (lines div 14) = 0 then col += 1 end if write : file2, x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2, x3, y3, z3, col locate (1, 1) put col locate (2, 1) put i end for end convertarf var filet:string put "Enter the name and address of the raw file to be converted to arf(no extention ex: c:/spike not c:/spike.raw): ".. get filet convertarf (filet, 264) put "done" ----------------------------------- Catalyst Sat May 31, 2003 12:29 am ----------------------------------- once i get some features working ill post the source to my 3d engine i still need to: - implement a true camera system (line-plane intersection in the works) - intergrate my particle engine - set up global lights - set up multiple lights - set up global vsd - perspective correct culling - set up 1D textures (change the shading properties) ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sat May 31, 2003 12:42 am ----------------------------------- sounds good.... ----------------------------------- Catalyst Sat May 31, 2003 1:15 am ----------------------------------- u might want to consider using ascii files for arf they are easier to use and understand ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sat May 31, 2003 2:51 am ----------------------------------- yes but when i use binary i dont need to enter the number of lines... so it's more userfriendly ----------------------------------- Catalyst Sat May 31, 2003 1:50 pm ----------------------------------- you dont need numlines for ascii either (from my engine) proc LoadARF (filename : string) var fileIn : int open : fileIn, filename, get Type := ARF loop exit when eof (fileIn) c += 1 new fillC, c get : fileIn, x (1), y (1), z (1), x (2), y (2), z (2), x (3), y (3), z (3), fillC (c) new Coors3D, c new Coors3D (c) Coors3D (c) -> InitPolyTri (x (1), y (1), z (1), x (2), y (2), z (2), x (3), y (3), z (3)) end loop numLines := c close : fileIn end LoadARF ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sat May 31, 2003 2:32 pm ----------------------------------- yer right... i thought eof works only for binary files... ----------------------------------- templest Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:49 pm ----------------------------------- sick (in young 16 year old terms) means "insanely amazing". Or something quite similar. And I have to say... THAT'S THE ILLEST THING EVER! (ill = sick ;-) ) ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:40 pm ----------------------------------- cool ----------------------------------- CITC Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:35 pm ----------------------------------- Wow amazing job that is so cool :D ----------------------------------- zylum Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:04 pm ----------------------------------- pretty cool and nice shading!:) btw, i noticed that your depth sorting is a little buggy though... ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:29 pm ----------------------------------- lol there is no sorting.... ----------------------------------- zylum Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:09 pm ----------------------------------- lol... no sorting??? :shock: how do you determine which faces are drawn first??? no wonder sometimes the back faces show up infront of the front faces... my engine's depth sorting is a bit off and it has problems when 2 faces have the same depth so i thought your sorting was screwed up too lol... ----------------------------------- Forumer Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:39 am RE:Homer\'s 3D engine (added the source code) ----------------------------------- nice i wonder if we can actually implent directx in turing ----------------------------------- [Gandalf] Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:14 pm RE:Homer\'s 3D engine (added the source code) ----------------------------------- Well Turing is Turing complete, so there exists some massively hackish way of doing it, but that hardly means anything. So, basically, you can't. Edit: Gah! Massive necro post. Read the rules before posting again, posts that are months (not to mention years) old are dead. Don't post in such topics unless you have something immensely useful and related to contribute. Even then, creating a new topic is probably a better idea. ----------------------------------- Insectoid Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:16 pm RE:Homer\'s 3D engine (added the source code) ----------------------------------- Really nice necro skillz there forumer. 5 years old? not bad! (best I've seen was 6 years) Joking aside, pulling up old threads is frowned upon.