----------------------------------- Eskimo Mon May 26, 2003 6:10 pm My GOD ----------------------------------- I spent 12 hours working on my final project for Com Sci and the teacher thinks I downloaded it! So just because she doesn't trust me, I gotta do more work! Fair? ----------------------------------- Tony Mon May 26, 2003 6:26 pm ----------------------------------- lol... maybe you should have worked in class? so the teacher would see some progress or something... :? But i see your teacher's consern... there's a bunch of source codes available on the net (just this site alone) so if a person comes up with some nice code after having nothing :? You see my point? ----------------------------------- JSBN Mon May 26, 2003 6:50 pm ----------------------------------- that's why u dont post code, only an .exe if u want to share. ----------------------------------- Tony Mon May 26, 2003 6:54 pm ----------------------------------- I dont think you're just JSBN... people could learn from the source code... especially if it comes from a tallanted programmer (like Catalyst with his madd 3D skillz) its just that if you're working on a project, you might be better off not posting your entire code untill you get it marked. ----------------------------------- DarkHelmet Mon May 26, 2003 8:40 pm ----------------------------------- 12 hours for a final project in computer class is pretty good anyway. my final project was over 10000 lines long (no exaggeration). i worked on that thing for a lot more than 12 hours. ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Mon May 26, 2003 8:44 pm ----------------------------------- my final project was my 2d shooter game it was less than 350 lines but got me the perfect mark... :D ----------------------------------- Catalyst Mon May 26, 2003 8:48 pm ----------------------------------- my isu was 2100 lines (with comments) ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Mon May 26, 2003 8:50 pm ----------------------------------- what was yer isu about? ----------------------------------- Catalyst Mon May 26, 2003 8:53 pm ----------------------------------- it was a paint program i think i posted it in submissions a while ago ----------------------------------- JSBN Mon May 26, 2003 8:59 pm ----------------------------------- i'm not saying u shouldn't post your source, i am just sayong becarefull of when and where you post it. ----------------------------------- Dan Wed May 28, 2003 5:53 pm ----------------------------------- last year mine was an rpg and was was over 50000 lines :shock: and had over 350 jpg pics and 3 moives i used to have it for poleop to download but it wass 20mb ziped so it would kill the banwith. ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 6:09 pm ----------------------------------- i downloaded that i while ago... it was nice :D ----------------------------------- krishon Wed May 28, 2003 6:19 pm ----------------------------------- definitely, though it sometimes crashed when i wuz in the middle of it, could never figure out y ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 6:47 pm ----------------------------------- well what did it actually do? ----------------------------------- krishon Wed May 28, 2003 6:50 pm ----------------------------------- well, i wuz moving, and then i just suddenly crashed. It was so sudden, i wuz like, wtf happened. It happened sometimes, other times it didn't. so i didn't really know wut to think of it ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 6:52 pm ----------------------------------- it was the only full rpg made in turing (with graphics) so you can expect some bugs (especially with 50k of code) ----------------------------------- krishon Wed May 28, 2003 6:54 pm ----------------------------------- ye, and it wuz the old turing too. that's purty much the best u can do with dat version. now only if the new one had sprites, oh the possiblities ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 6:55 pm ----------------------------------- sprites arent good View.Update demolishes any advantages sprites had ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 7:11 pm ----------------------------------- must have been cool taking 20 mbs of space.... ----------------------------------- Dan Wed May 28, 2003 7:46 pm ----------------------------------- it was ok, a lot like some of the gba rpg games. the bug i think was due to eating up all the memorey. i also made a map maker progame for it that was relay cool. if i ever get a lot of time i will try and find a host for it and may be try and make it crash less. may be a turing 4.X verson.... alougth i am wroking on my new progect for school, a 3d space game. ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 8:06 pm ----------------------------------- what language r u using for ur space game? c++,java, vb?(hope its not turing) ----------------------------------- krishon Wed May 28, 2003 8:09 pm ----------------------------------- can't wait till the game comes out. :D ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 8:20 pm ----------------------------------- hmmm... a 3d game eh... that's not a bad idea.. but then again turing 3d engine is slow.. but it will look cool.. imight even do it =D it will be a good program to try my engine in actual use.. damn this cake is good!!!!mmmm... choclete cake ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 8:27 pm ----------------------------------- since ive made 3 3d games in turing im gonna offer a little advice... make something simple make everything in classes make a lot of custom options in classes ----------------------------------- Dan Wed May 28, 2003 8:49 pm ----------------------------------- i am making it in dos c++, so it has some of the same limiations as turing for speed and stuff. but i have been wroking on it and foud some simple ways to make fps go way up, like only redrawing stuff when it is need. i get over 200 fps when nothing is moving and about 30-32 when it is moving just a bit. when heavey moving it gets 18-20. note that it is on a school computer :? , so thats perity good ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 8:53 pm ----------------------------------- r the gfx libraries from dos c++ portable? or do they only work in dos c++? ----------------------------------- Dan Wed May 28, 2003 9:03 pm ----------------------------------- from what i have fownd they are only use able in coalse apps and in an old verion of turbo c++. but i think the new versions of trubo c++ have the same libareys but up dataed. my school has an old one that only runs in dos :cry: i tried to use it in vc++ and a newer win based version of turbo c++ but there was a lot of errors. also they where not that good. you can only import pics thorugth an unsorted libarey that was not writen in engish (this is for trubo c++ for dos). ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Wed May 28, 2003 9:22 pm ----------------------------------- that's not true the does is not slow... i remember finding a 3d engine on net that would work on turbo pascal and it had shading and texturing and everything and the speed was great but the problem was that they wouldn't give the code for free it was the exe file... and yeah i'm starting to realize object oriented programming is cool so i made my homer3dengine a class :D ----------------------------------- Catalyst Wed May 28, 2003 9:24 pm ----------------------------------- there ya go ----------------------------------- Martin Wed May 28, 2003 10:17 pm ----------------------------------- fifty thousand or five thousand? ----------------------------------- Tony Wed May 28, 2003 10:45 pm ----------------------------------- i think it was a typo... 5,000 or so