----------------------------------- NAS Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:15 pm funny face help??? ----------------------------------- Write a program to draw a funny face in a window with its center at any point you speacify.make the face of a size 9 characters by 9 charcters Arange so that the color of the face and the backround can be input at the same as u specify its location in the execution? ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:12 am ----------------------------------- ```___ ``/```\ `/```` \ `|`O`O`| |```L```| `|`._.``| `\`````/ ``\```/ ``` ``` sorry, this board eliminates multiple spaces... :( ----------------------------------- NAS Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:43 am ----------------------------------- what; the code dude? ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:08 am ----------------------------------- listen, if you're having trouble understanding how to print stuff to screen, then I don't think you should be taking programming... I mean if there's gonna be whole bunch of no-good programmers out there, then good programmers would not do as well in their career... thats how you get some retarts writing code for windows... no wonder it always crashes :? sorry... I guess I went a bit off topic... anyway, the code is: put "first line of drawing" put "2nd line of drawing" ... put "9th line of drawing" Now about locating it on the screen... just put locate(r,c) in front of those lines where R(ow) and C(olumn) depend on users input. var r, c : int get r get c locate (r,c) put "blah" ----------------------------------- Mike Pastah Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:06 am ----------------------------------- hmm.. I did it a way that could probably been done much easier, but here it is; pretty basic: import GUI GUI.SetBackgroundColor (white) var r, c, colourr, bgcolour : int put "Type the row number: " .. get r put "Type the column numer: " .. get c put "Enter the colour you want the face to be: " .. get colourr put "Enter the colour you want the background to be: " .. get bgcolour cls colorback (bgcolour) Text.Color (colourr) locate (r, c) put " ___ " locate (r + 1, c) put " / \\ " locate (r + 2, c) put "| () () |" locate (r + 3, c) put "| L |" locate (r + 4, c) put "| |" locate (r + 5, c) put "| \\_/ |" locate (r + 6, c) put " \\ / " locate (r + 7, c) put " \\___/ " it works pretty well. :D