Computer Science Canada
Turing Game Competition!
|Author:||Asok [ Sun May 11, 2003 2:21 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Turing Game Competition!|
As you can guess from the title, SWAT is hosting a competition to see the BEST games made in turing! There will be a couple of categories depending on the number of submissions. They are:
- Most Addictive Game
- Best Overall Game
another category that may exist is Best "Push the envelope" Game and that is basically taking Turing to limits where it is graphically enhanced, and plenty of media to keep the player immersed.
The prises will be based on the number of submissions, (probably some of those goodies you see in Dan's Shop and Bits to runner ups)
The Judges for this contest will be your fellow mods: Asok, JSBN, Darkness, Tony, and Dan.
The deadline for submissions is July 1st. This is because a lot of people might be submitting in thier ISPs so this ensures the school year is over and there is no playgerism.
1. On July 1st Each judge will rank each game out of 10. The sum of each will be out of 50. (10x5=50)
2. In the event of a tie in scores the judges will further negotiate the winner or we may have 2 winners if they are equal.
3. The game MUST be submitted as an .exe
4. The game must be programmed in Turing.
5. The game should contain your name somewhere (real life or alias doesn't matter, it's to prevent playgerism again.)
6. Entries after July 1st will not be considered.
7. Judges can participate and submit thier games, however they cannot vote on it so the game will be out of 40 as opposed to 50 and a percentage will be taken to determine the actual score.
8. Any additional questions should be filtered to me via PM.
9. On July 1st we will post the scores of each judge, the winner of each category, and the prizes they will recieve.
10. You can use open source code that was posted on this site as long as you have credited the poster somewhere in your game.
|Author:||Homer_simpson [ Sun May 11, 2003 4:04 pm ]|
Any line restriction or picture use prohibitions?
|Author:||Asok [ Sun May 11, 2003 4:15 pm ]|
no line restrictions (we wont be looking at your code anyways)
use any images you want to any number of times that you want to.
|Author:||Martin [ Wed May 14, 2003 2:42 am ]|
Just a quick revision to the rules. Please make sure to include your www.compsci.ca alias in the compiled version of the game. This is because we don't know who most of you are in real life.
|Author:||Tony [ Wed May 14, 2003 11:10 am ]|
you can place this code in the very beginning of your program to let us know