Computer Science Canada
|Author:||TheZsterBunny [ Fri May 14, 2004 3:09 am ]|
|Post subject:||Lightning Tutorial|
1) grab black and white as your foreground and background colors.
2) Filter > Render > Clouds
3) Render Difference clouds.
4) for i : 1..14
exit when good
if not good then
return to step 2
5) if you have mostly dark lines, hit ctrl+i
6) Image > Adjustments > Levels
drag the middle arrow all the way to the right
7) Make a new layer, fillit with whatever color you want, blend it with this one somehow.
Meh, its my first tutorial.
|Author:||timmytheturtle [ Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:35 pm ]|
Here's a better lightning tutorial:
1. On a blank, white Photoshop canvas, paint a black shape with a large Paintbrush that will follow the basic line you want your lightning bolt to be. Keep in mind it is the edges of the stroke that will be the actual lightning. If you want a second bolt then paint it on the opposite side of the first paint stroke.
2. Fill in the area between the two strokes (same colour as above).
4. Apply a Gaussian Blur [Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur] filter with an amount large enough to heavily blur the shape [about 25].
5. Apply the Difference Clouds filter [Filter>Render>Difference Clouds]
6. Invert the image [Image>Adjustments>Invert].
7. In Levels [Edit>Adjustments>Levels], move the black slider to about 130 and the gray slider to .25.
Here's a lightning picture I made using the general tutorial, and some of my other photoshop skills
|Author:||Amailer [ Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:00 pm ]|
awk... i never seen these topics before +5 bits for both of you btw.
|Author:||Mikleena [ Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:24 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Lightning Tutorial|
Nice tutorial i really like this. This is amazing its really very interesting.
So many thanks for sharing this nice and very useful tutorial.
|Author:||Gracemiller [ Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:30 am ]|
|Post subject:||RE:Lightning Tutorial|
I tried adding the lightning effect; the second tutorial was easy for me. Thank you for the great share